Uvavooo!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by steve butler, Dec 30, 2008.

1. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Well after all the excruciating Maggie Thatcher/Grimey/Champsvchumps threads....

Who thinks Shooting Stars would make a better fist of running our Country/Playing on the front row of our band!!!!!!!!!! ????????????????????????

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Champsvchumps
    Maggie Thatcher
    Uvavooo
    Grimey
    Shooting Stars
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Hear hear.

You can just imagine PM's questions with all the front bench calling down the dove from above and the opposition front row calling the crow from below. :)

4. steve butler

I had forgotten how funny that programme was :D

5. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

scuse my ignorance - but what on earth are you two on about??!

6. steve butler

Ah! Miss Thatcher I presume :wink:

7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, brilliant first episode tonight. Doesn't Ulrikka (sp?) look a bit rough now these days tho??

8. steve butler

I like a bit of rough now and again :D ( Iranoo)

9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

well quite! :biggrin:

10. leisa

leisa Active Member

For once in my life I would like to agree with you MRB in saying whaa?

11. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

And the prime minister having to answer questions on a vibration machine whilst holding a tray of brussels sprouts
    :clap:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Champsvchumps
    Maggie Thatcher
    Uvavooo
    Grimey
    Shooting Stars
  13. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

I thought that forcing Jack Dee to break out of his 'character' and laugh, by putting a dead blue-tit on his head and getting an tenor to sing Nessun Dorma into his face was a fantastic finale !!

14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

At least a bit better than that "greasy 50's throwback maaaaark lamaarr!!!"

"we really wanna see those fingers..!!"

15. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Went and saw an episode being filmed a few years ago, it was sooooo funny! It was the one with Eddie Grant, Victoria Silverstedt (sp?) and a pigmy hippo. I haven't laughed so much ever! Johnny Vegas and Ulrika were filthy!

16. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Anyone else get the feeling that tenor had been eating something pretty smelly beforehand?

Interesting that the only major player in shooting stars not to contribute in any way shape or form was 50's throwback Mark Lamarr.....

Anyway - Shooting Stars was one of the few cases of me being 'with it' right from the start - I've watched every series and, as has been said, I'd forgotten just how funny some of it was - Larry Hagman for instance. Also I can say I was there to see an early pre-wheelchair Andy Pipkin performing Peanuts.... (Though if Matt Lucas hadn't pointed that out I'd still have been none the wiser)

17. steve butler

Yes, the compilation programme prior to the new episode was brilliant.
    Shooting Stars (and all the catch phrases) featured strongly in our household, obviously a while ago now, judging by some of the head scratching going on by our younger colleagues.
    I do reccomend you Shooting Stars "virgins" seeking out some old footage. :tup

18. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

UUUUULLLLLLRIKA! KA! KA! KA! KA! KA!

Maybe tMP could have a monthly song competition like they had for the contestants?

19. weenie

weenie Member

Was great to see it back on the box..................I thought Ulrika ka ka ka ka looked rather lovely! ;-)