Using a Mac

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Hells Bones, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Hi guys!

I am using an iMac with OS X and I want to know how to get on the program where you type something in and the computer says it back to you?

Cheers!

2. sackbut76

sackbut76 New Member

Hi,

Try looking in the toolbar at widgets. I am sure you will find what your looking for.

trom76

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I think what you might be after is called 'Voice over' and can be activated by using the Apple key + F5 to enable and disable (as in it's a toggle key combo)

4. lilz

lilz Member

i want a mac :(
    really badly...my stupid laptop takes too long to turn on and runs too slow
    my plan is to save money and get a mac then build up a mini recording studio, only ive not even managed to save for a mac yet...grrrrrrrrr

5. TheMusicMan

Last year I decided to try a Mac, and to be honest I haven't looked back at all. I have even managed to convince Jen (wife) to have one, and Heather (daughter), and even my son Lloyd now wants an iMac as his next machine.

I have no gripes with MS Windows based PC's and still use one for client based work as most of their systems are PC based, but for all of my own requirements, I use my Macbook. There's just something about OSx that makes it highly preferable to MS based machines.

As for a recording studio - how's this... :)

[​IMG]

6. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

I see you've still not sorted out the imaging :D

(and where are the dual 30" monitors? ;) )

7. TheMusicMan

Yikes... in my non sound proofed conservatory...:eek::eek:

Would be nice though :)

8. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

I meant video monitors ;)