User-submitted News Items ? fmfk

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by its_jon, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. its_jon

its_jon Member

[h=2]Would a more appropriate forum for updates from the fmfk community be

>User-submitted News Items- Bandroom News<

The forum appears to be for-
    "Bands, organisations, individuals: post your news"
    [/h]The fmfk site provides donations of music offered 100% Freely.
    We carry no advertising.. we sell nothing.
    We are a community resource where new music made free
    of copyright is happily offered at no cost.

A amature community collective that has become very popular

Would updates from the fmfk community be more fitting within the User-Submitted News section ?

2. its_jon

its_jon Member

fmfk sell nothing
    fmfk (the organization) do not gain finantially
    fmfk offer no service for finantial gain
    fmfk have no sponsors to plug

The whole point of fmfk is 100% non commercial

Why would we wish to place 'adverisments' classified or otherwise
    when we simply wish to inform the amature brass band community of the contributions people are making ?

so...
    Are updates from the fmfk community acceptable within the User-Submitted News section ?

3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

So I take it you expect some sort of official response from this? Clearly the twelve-odd hours is too long to wait? Can I remind you that we all work for a living and do this as a hobby.

Lesson one: Give people the courtesy and respect you would expect to be given in the same situation. I see no 'please' or 'thank you', just a demand.
    Lesson two: We work and have lives outside of tMP. I saw this demand (it is not a question) yesterday during my lunch break, and thought I may pick it up (assuming no-one else had) later in the evening. Well that didn't happen. I'm now responding in the same tone you set in your original request and continued with the recent thread bump.
    Lesson three: The Rehearsal Room is not the place to demand moderators actions. The way to do it is via a politely worded PM clearly stating your question, preferably sent to a couple of the team's members. Give us a reasonable amount of time to respond and if you don't get anywhere then by all means give one of us a nudge. We may be discussing you question in private and are getting around to an answer.

So in answer your 'question'; No, the updates are not suitable for the user submitted news forum. That is for individual users' news, not adverts for products, regardless of if the products are there to make a profit or not.

Sheesh is it too much to ask for a little courtesy just once in a while?

(BTW thread locked too...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.