User names that pique the curiosity.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rambo Chick, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

Your tMP name-How did you come up with it?

I keep reading the names that people have for tMP and there are some rather interesting and BiZzArE names and i just wondered how and why people chose them?

Incidentally mine is derived from my surname.

united co-op yorkshire
  2. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

mmmmmmmm not sure about mine, let me think about it for a while.

3. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Mine is beacuse I am clapped out and rusting all over the bodywork. :oops: :cry:
  4. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Mine stems from school, and has been my 'web presence' for several years. I am sunny_jimbob on a number of forums and gaming sites, and always will be. Though when i meet people off the net in real life they often tend to ask me whether I am James or Robert, and are then shocked when I point out that I am neither!
  5. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Never a truer word spoken in jest :wink: :wink:

Mine was a nickname my aunt gave me and despite my attempts to keep it quiet, my lovely wife decided to tell everybody and it stuck!
  6. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Never a truer word spoken in jest :wink: :wink:

Mine was a nickname my aunt gave me and despite my attempts to keep it quiet, my lovely wife decided to tell everybody and it stuck![/quote]

Sad thing is mate, I am not jesting. The once powerful athlete that you once knew is now no longer with us. It has ceased to be. And to think I thought it was the missus that was supposed to have the stretchmarks :cry: :oops:
  7. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Well mine is a should be middle Twigge as I am the middlest, but i lied, because I'm very funny.
  8. well, i was at band,(as per usual) and the lad i was sat next to me told me or someone sat next to me (on the other side!!) told me that gils were objects taht could be passed aroound so my username is sort of in the form of a rebellion!!!!! :roll:
  9. T-Horn

T-Horn Member

Mine is simply the instrument I play. I'm sorry I'm not very creative. :oops:
  10. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I bet I can guess how Naruco got her's.... ;-)

Mine's courtesy of my birth certificate. However, the most widely used moniker said to me is actually 'Shut up, Payn'. Can't think why.......
  11. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

You play a T-horn. Is that like a T-bone steak but with horn in it? :) ;-)
  12. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Erm, could be something to do with surname and instrument played!! Might need somw help in telling me which way round they go! :shock: :D
  13. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Hello there Miss Tromster. How long have you been playing the venus? Did you 'planet' like that?

:roll: :lol:
  14. Bluebottle

Bluebottle Member

was listening to too much Goon Show at the time, am afraid! :roll:

15. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

lol, knew someone had to, shame about the bad ending!! :wink: :D

Could be an interesting new instrument, The Venus! :)
  16. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

None of my other web names seemed appropriate here so I resorted to the birth certificate but got bored before I had typed in my full surname :)
  17. groovy

groovy Active Member

I am Groovy. I am groovy.
  18. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

I play for Sellers. And I am female. Strange....but spookily true. 8)
  19. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

truely unoriginal name originating from balding form tutor/music teacher...
  20. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

Mine is tricky to undersatand, but here i go

Its Because I play the Euphonium AND!!!! the Baritione
    Euph is short for Euphonium and Bari is short for Baritone -
    pure brilliance! :lol: