US Masters 2008 (that's golf to womenfolk)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by eanto, Apr 11, 2008.

1. eanto

eanto Member

OK, all you Tmp golf aficionados, who's goin' to win this years Masters? I put a sneaky few quid on Mr P Casey (each way of course :rolleyes: ) and after the first round he did a lot better than last year! I reckon Tiger's still the one to beat.
  2. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

So is the ladies' championship called the US Mistresses 2008? If not, why not?
  3. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Apparently the winner gets a pink jacket :biggrin:

IYOUNG Member

Anyway back to the golf...........

Got a few quid on Anders Romero each way at 100-1

But ABW....anyone but Woods
  5. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Is it just me or is Augusta not looking as pristine as it usually does. Maybe its the hi-def telly showing a lot more detail than I've been used to in previous years.

Tiger just birdied another to go even par. If he has a good end to his round he'll be within touching distance of the leaders with two rounds to go.

IYOUNG Member

No Hi Def for me but the course seems to look as wonderful as ever.

Anyone been watching the BBC Amen Corner web live? great stuff

Tiger ended one under so just seven behind, ominious? or maybe too many players (not shots) in front of him for them all to fall apart?

Good to see 4 Englishmen in the top ten

Poulter -5
    Casey -4 Eanto's choice
    Westwood -2
    Dougherty -1 (must have had a blinding back nine after his dougle bogey at 12 left him +3)

Looking fwd to round 3 tonight

7. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

I love the Masters, it's so good seeing professionals putt the ball off the green into the creek lol. Joking aside, it looks as good as ever to me, the picture in High Definition is stunning.

What was Justin Rose doing yesterday. I really hoped he would push on from his good first round but by the end last night i was getting worried about him missing the cut.

Poulter/Casey/Westwood 1/2/3, how good would that be.