urgent - really need your help!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by aimee_euph, Jul 2, 2004.

1. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

i have a small hole in my euph, it's big enough to make a buzzing noise when i play and i have a contest on sunday that im playing a solo in.

I've stuck some blu-tac over it for the time being (til my dad gets home) but it wnt last long as it keeps falling off.

What else can i do?!
  2. dgibbons

dgibbons New Member

our solo cornet player has his instrument plugged in various places with ptfe tape if that helps...
  3. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

what's ptfe?

i could cellotape the blu tac on...
  4. dgibbons

dgibbons New Member

get it from a hardware shop - use it to wrap round radiator pipes and things like that that have slight leaks.
  5. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Polytetrafluoroethylene - useful cos it tends to form airtight seals.
  6. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Plumber's Tape For Everything!

But is it for Water or Gas? :)
  7. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Hmmm...I've never heard of people having random holes in their instruments before... :? Well you learn something new every day!! :D
  8. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I've seen a few cases Liz. It's amazinghow soft the metal used in your instrument is, incomparison to what metal is used for elsewhere in the world. I've seen holes from dints that have been too deep or sharp, corrosion where the moisture from playing has eaten through the pipe, and where solders have ripped apart taking some of the oppostie wall with it.
  9. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Thing is, PTFE tape is meant for wrapping round threads on joints... are you thinking of Self-Amalgamating Tape?
  10. grandfilth

grandfilth Member

Well done...
  11. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

dint that went wrong was what happened

Blu tac and yellow duck tape is holding it together at the mo, but going to Brass Toff in warrington for the man to fix it hopefully this week!! poor eupho!