Urgent Help With Mouthpieces!!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Welsheuphoniummanjamie, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Please can someone please help me, i am currently looking for a mouthpiece for euphonium! I believe they have also been released for trombone, it is a Dennis Wick 4AL but they arnt the same as the original, there is a flat gold rim which makes the mouthpiece more comfortable, please could you see the picture attached and try and give me some advice about where to get one, i have looked on some sites already. Many Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  2. solo_euph

solo_euph Member

I think this is the one your after the heritage 4al by Denis Wick hope this helps
    Heritage 4AL (Heritage)

39.44 mm
    Cup Diameter:
    26.00 mm
    Rim Width:
    6.72 mm
    Bore Size:
    7.38 mm
    Back Bore:

The new Heritage trombone mouthpiece from Denis Wick offers an alternative outside shape to classic Denis Wick design, whilst retaining the proven inner dimensions. The new Heritage design has been adapted from designs originally used in the 19th Century where a thinner cup wall was employed towards the top of the mouthpiece.

This has been combined with a large amount of mass around the bottom of the cup to create a mouthpiece with huge power but great sensitivity - ideal for the symphonic trombonist.

The Heritage range of trombone mouthpieces comes in all sizes and is finished with a silver-plated outside and a gold-plated rim and cup - a beautiful finish for a beautiful sounding mouthpiece!
  3. Scongie

Scongie Member

before I spend a few hours going through on-line shops does anyone know of a UK supplier for these??
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

You can buy it here.
  5. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Hi jamie

it is indeed the 4AL Heritage series -my daughter Rhiannon (you know her from Newport Music Centre Brass Band) uses one for trombone. We bought it from a shop on EBay.
  6. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Keep your eyes peeled - there are other heritage models in the pipeline (cornet players - be prepared to be impressed).
  7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I wonder if they will bring back the Kosicup style?
  8. Scongie

Scongie Member

Is it just me or does this link not work. Still can't find these for sale anywhere, tried ebay but can't find the shop mentioned in another post:frown:
  9. zak

zak Member

It works fine for me so must be you ;)
  10. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Anyone know if they're any good? What I've always disliked about the Wicks is the wide rim, which it looks like this might not suffer from.
  11. DanB

DanB Member

Speaking of mouthpieces...

Pete Collins is now sole UK importer for GR trumpet / flugel mouthpieces which are specifically tailored to the player based on an in-depth quesionnaire about the players requirements / playing styles etc.... AApparently they're fantastic.

Perhaps more interestingly, he's been working with the company to produce a range of cornet mouthpieces, 'UK Stirling', designed specifically for sop, back row, front row and soloist. There'll be a launch in about a month, but if you want to get in quick (they're tailor made, so may take a while once he gets a lot of orders) I'd suggest you contact him via www.pcbrass.co.uk - more details under the News section. You can even arrange a consultation with Pete and he looks at what you play and how you play if you need that little bit of extra advice.

Just thought I'd mention it!!
  12. c_license

c_license New Member

13. Thank you very much for all your help, :tup :tup :tup