URGENT - BBb Bass - NW Area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Soil Lover, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

BBb Bass, Stockport Brass (Formally BT Band) – Championship Section – NW Area Blackpool – 9th March 2008, plus rehearsals prior.

Unfortunately I need to try and find a dep for myself for the area contest at Blackpool, those of you that know me will be aware that Lois (my wife) and I are proud parents of our beautiful little girl Charlotte. However Charlotte was born with a condition called “craniosynostosis ” which means she has no soft spot on her skull and as a consequence needs quite major surgery to correct this as her skull is not growing correctly. We now have a date for this operation as Monday 10th March.

So as you can imagine I will not be in any frame of mind to play at the areas the day before. Therefore if there is any BBb Bass players out there that are of a suitable level that have not yet been signed up to play at the areas, if so please contact either our MD Mike Fowles on 07976232446 or myself on 07973852051

Many thanks

Marcus Jones – Soil Lover
    BBb Bass – Stockport Brass

2. 3rdcornetsolo

3rdcornetsolo Member

Bounce....

All the best for your daughter's op Marcus

3. horn1

horn1 Member

We all hope everything goes well with the operation Marcus. To anyone that can help out we're a very friendly bunch so give us a shout!

4. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I'm so sorry to hear about that Marcus. I'd volunteer myself if the registry didn't prohibit it. After all I certainly owe you a couple of favours!

(That said, I can see Mike's face now if I showed up. "Oh no, not Cookie again!!!!!")

Wishing you, your missus and your daughter all the best at this difficult time.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  5. Matt Henry

Matt Henry New Member

All the best to you all, I really hope everything is a huge success and you can be back for the Grand Shield mate.

6. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

I must thank everybody for their good wishes, however as of yet I have not had a positive response for help to cover my chair.

So again any bass players out there that are still at a loose end please contact either Mike or myself

Many thanks

Marcus - Soil Lover

7. Tubah

Tubah Member

I have sent you a PM

8. 3rdcornetsolo

3rdcornetsolo Member

Not sure whether the seat has been filled yet so...

BUMP ;-)

Hope the op goes well... let us all know the outcome as i know we'll all be keeping our fingers crossed.

9. horn1

horn1 Member

Yep, we're sorted! We've got someone (I forget his name!) travelling from Gretna! restores your faith in banding I think!

10. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Good man Hammy!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Arial
    Stockport Brass
    FONT
    SIZE
    skull
  12. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

:clap: to Hammy! And fingers crossed for the Jones clan.

13. Tubah

Tubah Member

Just arrived at work after band practice. Enjoying every minute of it!! Good bunch, great piece.

Every one is thinking of Marcus and his family, hope all goes well.

Remember I'm only keeping the seat warm for you.

14. Tubby the Tuba

Tubby the Tuba New Member

Hammy to the rescue

Glad to hear your playing at regionals Ian, all be it in unfortunate circumstances, good luck and hope to bump into you in Glenrothes if your there.

Les

15. Tubah

Tubah Member

Thanks Les.
    Unfortunately wont be in Glenrothes as Blackpool is same day , same time. Pass my best wishes on to Archie and the rest of the team and I'll get up for a blaw sometime.

Hammy:cool:

16. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Many thanks to all that responded also the well wishes for Charlotte.

A BIG THANKS to Tubah who did the gig for me.:clap:

Marcus Jones
    BBb Bass Stockport Brass
    AKA Soil Lover

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008