Update on All Brass Radio!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by DocFox, Aug 11, 2010.

1. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

It has been months since I posted a top 20 list or done anything but work on the station and post on Twitter ( http://twitter.com/AllBrassRadio ). I wanted to give you the listeners a better listening experience.

When I started, I was broadcasting and 32K - way lower than an AM station. I was thrilled if I got 10 listeners and 500 total listener hours a month.

Well in these four months or so I have converted, uploaded covers over 850 tracks. I now average about 75 to 100 listeners a day and have about 11,000 total listener hours. That is more than 20 times the listeners I had just a little over a year ago.

When the economy turned, all my sponsors had to leave. I understood. Times were tough (although seeming to be getting better). I have been just making each month due to the generous donations of listeners worldwide. The station is heard in 71 countries!

Now all the tracks play in 128K stereo (unbelievable sound and near CD quality) or 192K (CD quality - better if you do not have a great CD player).

If you have not listened lately, check it out at www.allbrassradio.com. Truly amazing. At the end of August I will post a top 20 list. If you listen on the website, you can see the covers and vote while listening.

It has been a TON of work converting all these tracks. I will take a few weeks off before starting to upload Christmas tracks.

I would love to have some advertisers. Contact me (Dr. Jim Fox) if you are interested in reaching brass music lovers at an extremely low cost. I have lowered my fees until we pull out of this recession.

Until then, enjoy some great music born out of some hard work!
  2. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Hi Jim - I hope to have some new arrangments of Pop and Jazz Standards available soon so I may try a few months again to tie in with that...
    Good luck
  3. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Send me an email. We will work it out.