up-coming Contests

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by sparkling_quavers, Jan 4, 2003.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I should think I will be popping along for a listen. I agree with Brian as well especially since NNEMBA is a month before the area....a good chance to run the piece out!

2. sparkling_quavers

We have booked in at the Travellodge so cya there!

3. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

There's an entertainment contest a week sunday at Newbiggen in Northumberland. Its an all day drink from 11. Ever Ready won last year so I heard in the bar and they supposed to have played well. I might even listen this year!! :lol:

There is also our local Durham League contest on the first sunday in February at Spennymoor. 4th Section is Eric balls Divertimento :(

4. Also around the same time as Preston is GB Youth Championships if that sort of thing floats your boat. It's at Salford UNi but manchester is amazing to out in.

5. By the way if you do make Preston watch out for the excellent band that's going to kick a**e in the Champ section!!!!!!

[EDIT]

6. sparkling_quavers

With promises like that you better disclose which band u r talking about mr bari! :shock:

7. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Alrighty, then! I'll PM or email you a time and place to meet if you want?

8. sparkling_quavers

Yep sure 8) We are going up for the Saturday night and then coming back Sunday evening. Give me a shout and we can meet up for a drink (although I don't drink vodka anymore!) :oops:

9. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Raspeberry is fully awake now.....still having a few teething problems tho! :)

10. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

I am awake - just been having a few teething problems!

11. sparkling_quavers

i dunno about teething problems...more like drinking problems ahahaahahhahaahhahahhahaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Thank you my good friend sparkling quavers - I think you should change your avatar and post a picture of yourself without a glass of whatever you were drinking.....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Whoops I forgot to log in!

14. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Whoops I forgot to log in!

Raspberry,( the last atempt didn't work - back to sprakling quavers computer!)

15. rutty

rutty Active Member

See you in Derby then Heather - I should be there with Carlton Brass. ;o)

16. Heather

Heather Member

Ok Rutty..what section are you in?
    Actually, I'll be lucky if I'm still in the Band!!! Missed the last 2 rehearsals due to firstly my own mistake and then feeling extremely ill!
    Better make sure I'm there on Sunday.

17. rutty

rutty Active Member

Third. We keep coming second at NEMMBA, so we're hoping to improve this year! I look just like my avatar, except I'm not really as fat as that ;o)

Or a ninja

18. Heather

Heather Member

Ok, we're in 1st section.
    Not sure how the contest is run as not been before but if we're there when you play I'll come and have a listen (and clap and cheer of course!!).
    I'm sure I'll recognise you as the only bandmember wearing a balaclava and looking like a stick man!! Not sure what you've got in your hand though. Looks a bit dangerous to me!
    Anyway, good luck at the contest.

19. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Hello Rutty

I know what you look like even without the balaclava on!

Hope you've been practising hard for the NNEMBA contest!

Raspberry

20. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

You could always show up in Little Rock, Arkansas, USA for NABBA on April 11 & 12. If you come from Britain (and you're not with Grimethorpe, sorry I do have a budget) look me up and I'll buy you a beer.