Unusual Duet?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by skweeky, Jan 18, 2005.

1. skweeky

skweeky Member

are there any duets for sop and euph? in a slow melody style if possible? ive been looking around for a while and havent come across anything yet?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Duet
    melody style
    anything
    duets
    sop
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

You'd probably have to get a cornet and sop one and then play the cornet part on a Euph?

4. skweeky

skweeky Member

ive tried looking at a couple but the harmonies are written close so it sounds wierd. I was thinkin of maybe 1 that is published for sop/euph, if not some kind composer/arranger could write 1 for all us sop and euph players lol ;)

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There are a couple of SA duets that may be suitable for adaptation:

"I'll not turn back" is a slower item, written for Bb cornet and euphonium, but I'm not sure how low the cornet part goes.

"Joy in my soul" is a brighter number (much of it in 5/4 time - or maybe 5/8 :-? ) written for Bb cornet and trombone.

6. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

Barcelona (the queen song) is arranged for sop and euph, i thinks its by phillip harper. maybe studio music??

its great as well!!

7. Highams

Highams Member

8. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

I believe theres a Euph/Sop Duet of "All I Ask Of You" I think theres a recording of it too.

9. Di B

Di B Member

This duet is usually for euph and solo cornet. Solo cornet goes down to bottom D at points in the solo line as well - too low really for a sop?

10. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Thanks, Peter.
    Both of these are on the World of Brass website and Joy in my Soul also has a 30 second soundbite featuring David Daws and Andrew Justice.

11. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Duet
    melody style
    anything
    duets
    sop
  12. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Oops in which case I stand corrected :oops: my memory isn't what it was these days :D.

13. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

nah ive deffinately heard all i ask of you played by sop and euph. its nice as well, a sop player wih a good bottom register would be fine, does go high as well