Unusual Duet?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by skweeky, Jan 18, 2005.

1. skweeky

skweeky Member

are there any duets for sop and euph? in a slow melody style if possible? ive been looking around for a while and havent come across anything yet?
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

You'd probably have to get a cornet and sop one and then play the cornet part on a Euph?
  3. skweeky

skweeky Member

ive tried looking at a couple but the harmonies are written close so it sounds wierd. I was thinkin of maybe 1 that is published for sop/euph, if not some kind composer/arranger could write 1 for all us sop and euph players lol ;)
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There are a couple of SA duets that may be suitable for adaptation:

"I'll not turn back" is a slower item, written for Bb cornet and euphonium, but I'm not sure how low the cornet part goes.

"Joy in my soul" is a brighter number (much of it in 5/4 time - or maybe 5/8 :-? ) written for Bb cornet and trombone.
  5. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

Barcelona (the queen song) is arranged for sop and euph, i thinks its by phillip harper. maybe studio music??

its great as well!!
  6. Highams

Highams Member

7. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

I believe theres a Euph/Sop Duet of "All I Ask Of You" I think theres a recording of it too.
  8. Di B

Di B Member

This duet is usually for euph and solo cornet. Solo cornet goes down to bottom D at points in the solo line as well - too low really for a sop?
  9. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Thanks, Peter.
    Both of these are on the World of Brass website and Joy in my Soul also has a 30 second soundbite featuring David Daws and Andrew Justice.
  10. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Oops in which case I stand corrected :oops: my memory isn't what it was these days :D.
  11. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

nah ive deffinately heard all i ask of you played by sop and euph. its nice as well, a sop player wih a good bottom register would be fine, does go high as well