Unseasonal Hay Fever Symptoms

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by iancwilx, Nov 26, 2004.

1. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I used to get Hay Fever in the Spring/Summer, but for the past Month or so both myself and my daughter (Also prone) have suffered all the symptoms, sneezing, itchy eyes, runny nose (Ugh!) etc.
    Is anyone else suffering or could it be a new "In House" allergy ?
    Come on you Doctors and Medical Students !

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    suffering
    Hay Fever
    symptoms
    Spring/Summer
    eyes
  3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Unfortunately this is something ive suffered from for a number of years.

i think it's called seasnal rhinitus(sp?)

basicaly its like haveing hayfever 365 days of the year.
    I had an op a few years back to clean all my sinuses out, but it only lasted for 5 or six years, i'm now back to square one gain.

im not saying that you have this, it could be a haous allergy. have you had any new pets recently or anything like that?

4. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

It sounds a bit like this Rhinitis (?) thing.
    We've had a dog for about 12 years with no noticeable effect, and nobody in the family smokes.
    It does mainly occur when I'm at home though.
    Could be the wifes perfume or a different detergent or air freshner I suppose (I've always been sneezy around the detergent shelves in the Supermarket )
    Someone I know said that research pointed to traffic exhaust fumes as a possible cause of this and asthma in children.
    But, as you know, it's ****** irritating, and downright dangerous when sneezing whilst driving.
    I bet I could produce some explosive sforzandos if it happened at Band !!!

5. strongbow

strongbow Member

Suffered with it ever since I can remember. Only solution is antihistamenes all year with eye drops. However, I have noticed that I have been worse over the last 4 weeks or so.