UNITED Vs LIVERPOOL

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by matti_raz, Feb 17, 2006.

1. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

WHICH RED WILL IT BE DO WE THINK GUYS?

:biggrin:

Remember:
    United have not lost to Liverpool in the cup for 85 years, to the round I believe!;)

The last meeting was a 2-1 meet in United's favour (en route to that unique treble)!:p

The last league meeting was a one-niller in United's favour!:biggrin:

So who am I going for, well.........THE TRUE REDS OF COURSE...... MANCHESTER UNITED!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Only slightly though 3-1 perhaps:eek: !!!;)

All in all though I hope its more interesting than the dour 90 minutes at Old T last month... I'm sure thats one thing we all want:biggrin:!!!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  2. dyl

dyl Active Member

I got a little confused there for a minute reading the title of the thread. Which United is he talking about I thought to myself? Leeds? Newcastle? Carlisle? Cos there's no way he could be talking about Manc United and the match tomorrow cos that's taking place at Anfield, which would make the fixture Liverpool vs Man Utd and not UNITED Vs LIVERPOOL. All became clear on reading the post though ...... typical Man Ure fan forcing his team to the front of queue.

Good luck tomorrow, we're giving you a head start by not risking Xabi - Rafa must be thinking Benfica are a trickier prospect, and he'd be right of course - didn't they help knock (Manchester) United out of the Champions League? ;)

3. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

:( Sorry Dyl....... I guess I presumed that you all knew which United (... the Manchester variety) being the biggest fixture of the weekend and there only bein one match that Liverpool play in this weekend;) (!)

The order of teams is force of habit being a United fan:rolleyes:... I would edit it if I had the powers:-?!

AND i notice you're ALREADY making excuses............. confidence breeds confidence Dyl... banding taught me that:cool:!!!1

4. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

2-0 to Liverpool

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Can't see any excuses there mate - just Rafa showing the confidence he has in his squad not having to use one of his best players. ;)

6. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

We'll see!:biggrin:

7. brassybabe

brassybabe Member

Do you know what i hate more than football............People talking about football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

1-0 to liverpool - yesss
    (and no i dont support them - just HATE manchester united, like everyone who doesnt support them :p)

9. dyl

dyl Active Member

We saw!

10. Steve

Steve Active Member

we conquered

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    MANCHESTER UNITED
    FONT=Verdana
    RED
    GUYS
    B
  12. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Far better side won... wheres the excuses from the kid from bolton??

I cant wait!!

13. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

No excuses Sandman (although rather a patronizing statement from yourself; I'm sure you were a "kid" once)! United were the proverbial! Defending was poor.... nay abysmal, and at times we were lucky not to go two or three behind. Attacking was the same old story of clear cut chances, although not many today, being squandered! Midfield was lacking an "engine room" character. And, ok, if I'm aloud one little gripe it was the referee who at times beguild, but still!
    You win some, you lose some... just this one should have been a winner!

Whats one game in a lifetimes' worth of football though, however the KID from Bolton would like to offer one morsel, to all football fans (and banders(!)), which is far to often forgotten, build for the future; and expect the unexpected! (United didnt and now we're paying!)

Although bona fide second in the league (no games in hand anymore I'm afraid guys) and finalists in the Carling Cup isn't bad for transitional, I guess!

Good luck to Liverpool; Go on and win the cup! (I'd like to see you try- Chelski FC have this one IMHO)

14. Steve

Steve Active Member

Haha, i missed all those clear cut Manure chances and thought the ref was excellent apart from the penalty he mistook for a free kick.

Good luck in the league and carling cup we'll and see you in europe (next season obvisouly).

15. dyl

dyl Active Member

If offsides count as clear chances, then Man Ure got about 4 clear cut chances. ;)

16. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Don't think so, personally beforehand I thought Liverpool were going to walk it and I was proved right. In my opinion Liverpool have a far better team and it showed today as they dominated (can't remember seeinga utd shot on goal in the first half). As for the ref, didn't think there was anything amiss, fair enough there were some dodgy tackles but from both sides.

Nah don't think so, its the cup and anything can happen...plus Liverpool are one of the only teams that I think have Chelsea sussed, so i'm not worried about them.

It should be good luck Man Utd in the Carling cup because I sense another defeat! :clap:

17. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

sussed? a 4-1 drubbing was your last meet dont forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And.... I did say the chances were few if you read!

Oh AND I meant should be one we were goin out to win not a gifted win Andy it never is against Liverpool!!

18. Steve

Steve Active Member

Could have sworn it was only 2-0 and Liverpool definitely had them rattled. See earlier in the thread.

19. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

Pardon?

20. Steve

Steve Active Member

ok, sorry, see the LFC thread where there were several posts on the last Liverpool Chelsea encounter. You know the one.... the one since the anfield match you refered to.

21. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

Ahh get ya now..... sorry about that I missed that match then... still two-nil

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    MANCHESTER UNITED
    FONT=Verdana
    RED
    GUYS
    B