UNIQUE HANDMADE GOLDBRASS Melton 2040/5 Eb

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Jonathantuba, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Jonathantuba

Jonathantuba New Member

I am selling my unique Handmade Gold brass Melton Spezial 2040/5 Mr.Tuba Eb which is two and a half years old and in almost mint condition (just a couple of marks on bottom bow). This tuba I bought with money from a long service award given by the company I used to work. Melton/Meinl-Weston took a lot of persuading by Mark Carter at Mr.Tuba to actually manufacture and it was done as a one-off entirely handmade including special features of being all gold brass, two detachable leadpipes (the main one goldbrass and second in yellow brass for brighter sound), extended tuning slide, repositioned lower 5th valve lever for shorter reach and special hand engraving on bell.

The regular 2040/5 is an incredibly good Eb, but this one plays noticeably better, having a clearer voice and richer tone. It is excellent across all registers. Singing up high, with good open low range approaching that of a CC. Intonation leaves nothing to be desired and I rarely ever slide pull. You can hear me playing it with my orchestra at http://www.humyo.com/F/9306289-536113271 (Vanity Fair by Vaughan Williams)

You may be wondering why I am selling such a beautiful and special tuba? The main reason is that I fell in love with a F tuba earlier this year and am now using that as my bass tuba. As I found out the last time I played the 2040/5, I am now just not playing it sufficient to keep up to standard in Eb. I am in future going to concentrate on practicing F and CC.

Being one-off and entirely handmade in gold brass, this 2040/5 cost double the amount of a standard model. To have one made like this now would cost at least 11,000 GBP, with 6-9 months wait even if M-W would be prepared to produce another. I am selling for £5,600 (6,100 euro, 8,950 USD) including Kariso wooden hard case (worth another £500) and top loading German gig bag (worth £250). The tuba is located in southern England, but I will ship anywhere in the world at buyers expense.

This is a once only opportunity to purchase what is probably THE BEST Eb TUBA IN THE WORLD!

Jonathantuba@gmail.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Melton Spezial
    Handmade Gold
    HANDMADE GOLDBRASS Melton 2040
    CC.