Unique cures for flu?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Naomi McFadyen, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I'm all full of flu at the moment... nasty chesty cough... sneezing everywhere... thumping headache...

Been having a chat with our good friend Mr Cornet King on msn and I randomly came out with "arent curry's spose to be good for flu? or did I just randomly make that up?"...
    He didn't have a clue :lol: funnily enough...

So, I was just wondering if anyone has tried or know anything 'unique' as a cure for flu, or the common cold; as I've run out of medicine until I can get to a shop tomorrow for some more!

I tried a pint of ale earlier, but that didn't work :( was nice though! :wink:

:hammer :dunno :bounce :guiness
  2. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Not that i am in any way ignorant or anything! :roll: :oops:

Come on folks...help out our good friend Naomi with this one! :D
  3. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

A really hot curry has to be worth a try!! :)
  4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Chillies "Useful for respiratory problems because it opens up the sinuses and air passages and helps break up mucus in the lungs. Capsaicin, the substance that makes chillies hot, is also a potent painkiller that works like a natural aspirin, helping to alleviate headaches".

source: themedicinechest.co.uk
  5. Moy

Moy Active Member

Know how you feel Naruco. :cry:
    Had mine now since last Friday and have you noticed how it's always worse at night when you want to sleep?
  6. Naomi McFadyen

welp, I've just had a korma (mild) and that has kinda helped open up some kind of tube thing... headaches not aaaaas bad as it was... but this blumin' cough!!! :shock: :?
  7. Naomi McFadyen

Typical, isnt it!

At least it's come after the area contest... but I had to struggle through a concert with the uni band today, and we have another one tomorrow... :? luckily only playing 2 pieces, and hitting things as opposed to blowing down instrument is a help... but I also managed to pull the muscles in both arms from carrying perc equipment from my car to the Winter Gardens on Sunday... so it's been a painful week... and it's on just into Wednesday!!!! :cry:
  8. Big Fella

Big Fella Member

Hot spicy food is definately a big help at curing the cold...

My gradfather used to swear that by snorting 1/2 a thimble full of whisky into each nostril would cure most things..
    Tried it a couple of times, always works for me...
  9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

whisky kills all germs dead... drink lots of it!
  10. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

3 quarters full mug of HOT milk, add a couple of dessert spoons of honey to it (stir it in throughly so it's dissolved) then top the mug up with whisky. Drink just before going to bed, and you'll sweat it out overnight.
  11. NeilW

NeilW Member

Whiskey with hot water and lemon...

Or whiskey & ginger wine

Or just whiskey...

Or failing that amoxycillin/... from the doctor (NOT to be taken with alcohol, though!). I'm at this latter stage with mine.

12. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I remember having freshers flu in my first year at Dronfield and upon consulting my EEb Bass playing partner, who was at the time a 5th year Medical Student I was prescribed....

Hot Curry and Whisky.

Worked a treat and didn't affect my Fresher's Year of continuous drinking and curry eating. Fantastic. In fact, I dedicate my "Dronfield Band - Most Inebriated Band Member Award 2001" to Toby the Medic!