Uncle Eric

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by WhathappenedtoUncleEric?, Feb 3, 2005.

1. So what has happened to Uncle Eric?.......I notice it has been some time since there have been any words of wisdom from our old friend........

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Eric So
    words of wisdom
    old friend
    Uncle Eric
    time
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hmmmm... I wonder...;) is he still with Grimey then?

4. I ask the question in all seriousness........Grimey sounds like a high pressured environment for someone of his (I presume) advancing years.......I have just noticed a lack of his sparkling wit on-line in recent months. I worry about his (and Ada's) health.

5. TheMusicMan

Come to think of it - I am missing his wit too... he does in deed make very interesting posts... come back Uncle Eric!! Where are you?:)

6. Well you seem to know more about him than he lets us know about on-line, so maybe you can encourage him out of his temporary silence. I think we'd all be better off for reading a few of his insightful posts again.....

7. TheMusicMan

I totally agree...:)

8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Eric has left Ada and has discovered a new lease of life with his younger nurse and "companion", Fifi Lamour, formerly flugel with SA International Staff band.
    He is far to busy to be posting on tMP...
    BMB
    :)
    xx

9. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

According to Big Twigge (who spoke to him via PM recently) I believe he and Ada are coming to Shropshire in April for a short weekend break, then spending time on the Sunday in Birmingham visiting relatives.

;)

10. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Scandalous, it wasn't me who spoke to him....Pam, behind the bar in the SU told me that the canteen guy (who drops the plates) told her that he was coming to Shropshire in April. It was a source who would like to remain nameless who told me they were visiting Birmingham on sunday. . .

11. our ada

our ada New Member

Well, friends, me and Uncle_Eric have been having such a laugh over our cocoa as we've read what you've all had to say - if we didn't laugh, we might start taking things seriously, and call you to account for such scurrilous speculation.

Eric did have a nurse, but her name was Roberta, not Fifi, and he would never have left me for her, flugel player or not! He's too fond of his home comforts - rocking chair, cocoa, arrowroot biscuits - now what would a young whipper-snapper know about any of that?

Well we really must go now: we'll just listen to that nice Mr Coates' "Sailing by" before the shipping forecast on the wireless, Eric will stand to attention as usual as they play the Queen, and then we'll be up the golden stairs to Bedfordshire.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Eric So
    words of wisdom
    old friend
    Uncle Eric
    time
  13. Well, it's good to hear from you Ada so that I can put my mind at rest about the well-being of the two of you. Those terrible rumours about Uncle Eric running away with his nurse had me very concerned.....and a flugel player at that!.....Although, for a man of his years, it did seem unlikely that Uncle Eric would quite have the energy.

I hope the rumour-mill has not disuaded Eric himself from sharing his wisdom with us all again.