unblocking sites

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by loopy_li, Jan 21, 2005.

1. loopy_li

loopy_li New Member

is there any other sites know apart from www.doyouhavestairs.com that help you get to certain sites that have been blocked?

please let me know a.s.a.p as i need to get work done but i cant on this computer as this site itself has been blocked.... thanks lianne xxp.s by the way im new to this site and couldnt find where to post this thread so i put it here... hope you dont mind :)
  2. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

If google or yahoo, or any similar serach engines are not blocked on your server then search for the site on there, and use the cached version as this is represented by a Google/Yahoo URL rather than the actual website address,
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I think what loopy_li is saying is that someone has specifically blocked a username or IP address from accessing a certain site. This can be done through administration of the application used on the specific site (such as vBulletin as used here on tMP) or more ferciously through the use of what is called an .htaccess file which is a security file located on the web server and is managed by the owner of the specific www site.

Googling or Yahooing may well return the site in the search list, but it simply won't allow access if a username or IP has been excluded.