Umm interesting?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brassyboy, Apr 7, 2007.

1. brassyboy

brassyboy Member

I am facinated by the replies to the 'what is the average age of your band' and I question and would love to know the following if you are willing to give an answer?

1) What is the age of your MD?
    2) What is the average age of your Audience?

Are they connected?

3) What is the most unusual piece you have ever played with your band?

4) Most unusual place you have ever played with your band?

5) Were they connected?

6) Were they good experiences?

Oh and while I am at it, were they conected to the answers to 1 & 2?

cheers

Brassy

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brassy
    average age
    facinated
    replies
    unusual piece
  3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

What a wierd thread?! Of course they are all connected - by your band!

Age of MD: I wouldn't like to be the one to be brave enough to ask.
    Age of Audience: You mean you get some? I was use to playing to trees in the park with Five Rivers.
    Most unusual piece: Edwin of Northumbria
    Most unusual place: Outside a sales office for a new house company.

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

1) What is the age of your MD? 60+

2) What is the average age of your Audience? As any mathematician will tell you, there are various ways of calculating an "average" figure. Whilst I should imagine the mean age of our audiences would be around 50, we do usually attract a fair number of younger people to balance out the older ones, particularly through partnership programmes with junior choirs etc.

Are they connected? I don't think they are, as our MD is quite forward-looking, and ready to try new things, whilst being aware that the band is not particularly good at playing certain modern styles of arrangement.

3) What is the most unusual piece you have ever played with your band? With one of my bands we were involved in a Community Opera, drawing together such diverse elements as members of the Academy of St Martin in the Fields, children's and adult choirs, a youth Jazz Orchestra, a percussion ensemble, and a turkish music group.

4) Most unusual place you have ever played with your band? Hard to say, really, although playing in the gallery of the Hackney Empire for the above event must count as one of the most unusual, particularly as we were dependent on our MD following the main conductor on a CCTV monitor.

5) Were they connected? See above

6) Were they good experiences? That definitely was, although rehearsals were rather strange, as we only all came together at the last minute. Many people said they were unaware of what a band was capable of doing.

Oh and while I am at it, were they connected to the answers to 1 & 2?

Not really.