Uckfield Concert Brass are back in business!

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by andywooler, Dec 8, 2007.

1. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Sunday 9th December sees the official return of Uckfield Concert Brass to the concert platform with a Christmas event at Uckfield Civic Centre in aid of The League of Friends of Uckfield Hospital.

The appointment of Steve MacIntyre as MD has been a turning point for the band and we now have an almost full band! 1 Bb Bass, a couple more cornets and percussion will complete the lineup that is also entering the Regionals next year for the first time in 8/9 years and the band will also be competing at the next SCABA Hove contest.
  2. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Good luck for tonight. It's nice to bands doing the "pheonix from the ashes" thing. Fantastic!
  3. Mmm...cheese!

Mmm...cheese! New Member

Hi Andy - good news, hope it went well.
    I have a hazy memory of depping for Uckfield some years back, at a particularly random gig by a reservoir somewhere in the middle of nowhere. All I can remember is drinking a lot and having to cover all of the 1812 percussion parts on a drumkit...
    Best of luck with it all. Send my regards to Steve Mac :eek:)
  4. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Damian, I will certainly pass on your best wishes to Steve.

The concert was very, very good - the fist standing ovation we've ever had in the Uckfield Civic Centre!
    Some top class soloists in Marcus Plant (Satchmo), back on Principal Cornet and Sarah Leeves to wowed them with her stylish performance of "Let me Try Again".
    This was also another first for the band and their landlord - we discovered that the current mine host of The Alma Arms where we rehearse, used to sing on the cruise ships - so we did American Trilogy and White Christmas with Phil both of which went down a storm.
    Add to that Bob Brown and another old mate of yours, Ricky Cruttenden, hamming it up with Frosty The Snowman.
    All in all a great comeback gig!
  5. Effort

Effort New Member

Uckfield Concert Brass

Excellent news Andy.

Good luck to Stevie Mac and the Team. It will be good to see the name Uckfield Concert Brass in the SCABA programme again. A long time absent.

Look forward to welcoming the Band on stage at Hove.

Sally C