Tynedale Music Festival

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by imthemaddude, Mar 25, 2006.

1. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I just got back from playing principal cornet of Craghead Colliery and really enjoyed seeing the young kids do well on their solos. The band won their section and I got a special mention when the adjudicator gave the remarks for my sound and 'tasteful' playing although I've never been called young and tastefull before. It's a great achievement for what was the old Sacriston band. :clap: :clap: I hope their young players continue to do so well.

2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

well done Lynda, you deserve the credit for your playing your a star in the making. keep it going kido.
    Craigy
    X

3. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Lol! Tynedale Music Festival!

I once won a cup there, playing Trumpet years ago. I seem to remember I had a really bad stomach upset that day and had to drag myself from the toilets to play. :s

Amusingly, my mate whom I beat that day is now teaching music in the school that we were both at at the time! Where did I go wrong?

Well done Lynda and all of Scariston-cum-Craghead Band!

4. imthemaddude

As it is held at the school where I teach it was odd going in the kids toilet!!

5. geordiecolin

Where is it held nowdays?

6. imthemaddude

Queen Elizabeth high. hexham

7. geordiecolin

You teach at QEHS then Lynda?

8. imthemaddude

Yea I thought you knew!