txt tlk

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by LilMissFlugel, Feb 16, 2006.

1. LilMissFlugel

LilMissFlugel Member

i always use txt tlk on msn n dats all i use da pc 4 so is hard 2 stop wen on tmp!hav had 2 peeps complain bout it 2 my bro sayin i shud tlk properly. dus dis matter or shud i tlk in correct english???? do any of u tlk in txt??????????????????? :D :D :D :D
  2. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

From the tMP Rules

Yes, it does matter and yes, you should at least try to post on tMP in reasonably correct English. You'd better learn how to differentiate between when you're on MSN talking to your friends and when you are posting in a public forum, because you don't know who is going to see your posts in the future.
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

what did you say? :confused::confused:
  4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I don't even use text spelling when I'm using text messaging on my mobile phone! If it's worth saying, it's worth spelling in full. :)
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

No... it's annoying.
  6. BOB_

BOB_ Member

only on my mobile and even then i don't always. the qwerty keybord and a mobile phone keypad are to totaly different setups so i never get confused
  7. LilMissFlugel

LilMissFlugel Member

but if you did write in txt it is quicker and usues up less space, so when full language may take up 2 pages txt talk would only take 1 so its cheaper too!!!!:p
  8. LilMissFlugel

LilMissFlugel Member

wot does qwerty mean?????:confused:
  9. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Sorry but you only get charged for the 1 text even if there is more than one page well on my phone you do (I'm not having a go at you E..Y
  10. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

See, if you used a proper keyboard more often you'd know. ;)

(Look at the first 6 letters top line of your keyboard.)
  11. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

text language.. yuk! its ok for text messages, not ok anywhere else! so, correct english to the best of your ability is much better! they don't teach it you for 12 years for nothing!
  12. Di

Di Active Member

But when you have a mobile that uses predictive text, its just as quick to use that. In fact, I tried to text the word txt today, and my phone didn't recognise it, asked me to spell it! lol:)
  13. LilMissFlugel

LilMissFlugel Member

14. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Predictive text's evil!

I use text talk on msn sometimes and when Im texting people if I remember. All my friends think Im wierd cause I dont know what half the words are.
  15. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

"txt tlk" in text messages is ok - although it is very hard to understand.
    Personally I'd write a text normally and shorten words if I needed to to shorten the message to fit it into one text

using it on forums like this is silly because it takes longer to read and sometimes takes longer to write - since you feel obliged to make every word shorter than it is
  16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- does my common use of typos count as txt spk ??
  17. Naomi McFadyen

ummmm, no :p
  18. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- but I make the same typos all the time ... so they're consistent ;)
  19. Naomi McFadyen

but typos are forgiveable.... text talk is just total yuky have... to... read... really... slow.... ;-)
  20. 1alexm

1alexm Member

did you know that you can you can type the word typewriter using only the first line.
    perharps we should make this a theard where your allowed to use txt speak.:p :biggrin: