Two PC's - one monitor - a question about quality of display

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Feb 2, 2007.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

OK, I have a KVM device that allows easy sharing of a single Keyboard, Video and Mouse between two PC's - my laptop and my studio PC.

The thing is, though I appreciate there are different video cards in the two PC's, but could the monitor output from two machines be so different as to cause noticeable difference in display quality on the very same high quality and high resolution monitor?

The display output from my Dell laptop is superb, sharp and crisp but the display output from my P4, though good, is nowhere near as clean or crisp!

Is this a known issue? I have never seen this previously...!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    PC
    Mouse
    display output
    display quality
    monitor output
  3. andyp

andyp Active Member

Are both PC's set to the same resolution?

If the laptop is higher than the P4, the P4 won't look as good.

What video cards are in them?

4. Alan MacRae

Alan MacRae Member

Check your brightness/contrast/gamma settings on each pc as well. Usually found somewhere in your display settings, or use Adobe Gamma (comes with Photoshop, or from Adobe website)

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Thanks guys.

The monitor is a 20" Phillips Brilliance with 1680 * 1050 resolution. When I am viewing the laptop on the Phillips, I set the screen res to that, and I have set the screen res on the desktop PC to that also. So, both computers have the same screen output resolution set.

I shall look at the brightness settings and report back.