Twinkle Twinkle...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Accidental, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

...Little Star

Can anyone tell me if Margie Antrobus's arrangement for horn solo has been published (and who by) please?

Failing that, any suggestions for other horn solos that aren't slow melodies but aren't naff or 10 minutes long? (If there is such a thing? :lol: )

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    Little Star
    horn solo
    melodies
    Twinkle Twinkle
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Episode for Horn (Graham)
    Cappricio Brilliante (Belsteade/Smith)
    Concert Etude (/Pullin)
    Concertino (short or long)
    Divertimento (Duncan)
    Variations on a Welsh Theme (Kneale)

4. BeatTheSheep

BeatTheSheep Member

I can answer that, because it was me who originally arranged it for horn. My version was for tenpiece, but for some reason Prof. King wanted it for full band, and I was unwilling to rearrange it. I was a bit stubborn then. I've just typeset it on sibelius for horn and piano, so if you pm me I'll tell you the address of my website, and there are numerous horn solos on it. I was a horn player, you see!

In fact now I'm on euph I've just tranposed it for euph and piano and I'm having a go at it this weekend. We shall see how successfully. But it is a lovely piece. Originally done for Christian Lindberg on TROMBONE! - presumably off the original piano part

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Was it you that also did Concert Etude?

6. BeatTheSheep

BeatTheSheep Member

yup. I foolishly entrusted this to a foreign publishing company who didn't typeset it too well. But that one is published in a way

7. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Stuart, thanks for that - pm on its way!
    We're after the full band version if possible though...

Neville-Bunny, thanks for the suggestions but I've got 'em all already. I'm looking for something for 'im indoors to play with the band - ideally less than 5 mins long?!

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Iona! That's a good one!

9. BeatTheSheep

BeatTheSheep Member

aye, and silver threads, and highlander for variety. No-one will know which one you're playing!

10. BeatTheSheep

BeatTheSheep Member

better send this again! twinkle twinkle air varie originally by mozart for harpsichord is now available for horn and brass band. pm me for details. I'll be typesetting it tomorrow whilst in Manchester Royal Infirmary getting 1 lot of chemo and 2 lots of blood.

It's the hardest thing I've ever had to arrange. If you want it, you may have to wait a bit until I can print a set because I'm due (currently) to be an inpatient for 3 weeks, starting Friday. This is a bit variable but the first set definately goes to bbbrec.

Going now, rather nasty headache from lumbar puncture 2day.