TV programme - Monday 27th BBC2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ju33les, Feb 26, 2006.

1. ju33les

ju33les Member

On Monday night (27th) there is a documentary on BBC2 at 9pm which was filmed in my place of work over several months last year.
    It is called "Women on the Edge" and gives an insight into life in the female prison I work at.
    I unfortunately missed the previews that were shown to staff last week (I was taking some well earned leave!!) but I have been told that it is not family viewing .........

There is a possibility that I am lurking around in the background of the programme, as I did not offer myself for interview but didn't mind being filmed.

If you get the chance, watch it and then you might understand why I'm sometimes a bit silly on here:rolleyes: :biggrin: , and why I consider my banding as a form of therapy!!
  2. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

We are at band Julie! will have to record it after some of the horror stories you have told us!!
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Thanks Jules... I shall take a look at this.
  4. Key2207

Key2207 Member

That sounds like a really interesting program but i've got band tonight. I might record it though!! :p

TIMBONE Active Member

Did anyone watch it? I must admit I was close to tears, not for the inmates, moving as it was, but for my wife, Ju33les. Obviously, I hear quite a lot about it, but I am not there. When I actually saw what Julie has to deal with on a daily basis, I was speechless. She comes to band late sometimes, still in her uniform. Next time you see her, give her a hug, and say well done.
  6. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i WAS going to sky plus it, but i only remembered at 10pm last night, after band, which was highly useless. any repeats?
    i wanted to watch that as well :(
  7. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

My mum does a similar job, but she is mainly based at the courts, i hear of some of the horirble stuff too but she is the first one to admit she would never want to work in a prison dealing with the same people everyday. Hands up to you Ju33les for being able to do it. :)Well done to you!
  8. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I watched it and 'well done Julie' - I certainly wouldn't fancy it.