TV Error!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Trom41821, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

Just finished watching "The Mayor of Casterbridge". Do TV producers actually research anything before they commit it to tape? The village band processed through the village with 2 cornets a tenor horn and a tuba. Not only did the miming not match the music but the sound of a Euphonium could be heard but certainly wasn't present!!!!!!!

Either mime everything properly or have players who can actually play :evil:

Anybody else notice other incorrect combinations/bad miming?
  2. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

maybe the tuba player was playing REALLY high...
  3. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

Heeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrm! Still not convinced

Any other offers? (Clean of course)

4. markyboy

markyboy Member

I heard somewhere that Harrogate Band are on TV within the next few days in a dramatisation.
    Lets see if they're any good at miming!
  5. tewkeshorn

tewkeshorn Account Suspended

Dramatisation? As in something like Crimewatch?? :)

Watch out for a group of band players going on a bank-robbing spree in the Harrogate area... :wink: :p
  6. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Foiled again!

Watch out for tHB on Brides In The Bath on NYE, ITV1, 9pm. Some of the men were drafted in to be an army band - much to our annoyance - Martin Kemp and no women!!!! Next time ITV can just get an all-girl band in....Bad Girls possibly???!

Rach x
  7. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

OK! Just set the video. Lets see what they come up with this time!
  8. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

or the tenor horn played VERY low?
  9. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

Still not convinced!!!!

Keep trying :D
  10. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

I thought it said at the start of the programme that it was set in 1780 - what sort of brass band would have been around then ?
  11. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

the opening line is

"One evening of late summer, before the nineteenth century had reached one-third of its span"

so that would make it 1830'ish i think
  12. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

Just finished watching my video of Brides in the Bath with about 15 mins missing just to lost transmission :evil: :evil: in both Shropshire and the West Midlands!! The bit that was missing must have contained the bands because it certainly wasn't in the parts I saw!

Did anybody catch the band?