TV Entertainment License

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TIMBONE, May 15, 2006.

1. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Has anyone got any inside knowledge about what this is about? I have read a few lines on it in the local paper, and Paul O'Grady was going on about it, but other than that, I know nothing.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    paper
    COLOR
    TV Entertainment License
    knowledge
  3. gawber

gawber Active Member

Apparently the BBC does not have entertainment an license for it's studios. Since the Licensing Act came into force in November, you need this for all show's filmed before a live audience. The Paul O'Grady show is filmed in these studios.

4. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

It.s all about staging live music for the puplic. B.B.C had to send a text message to members of the cooperation to attend a showing of Top of the Pops.
    The had apparentley received advice that they did not need one, but now finds it does for certain audience shows.
    Wonder who will knock on their door!

5. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

This is why I was confused about it, (and obviously the media were as well, which is why they havn't been talking about it much). Any place has had to get a license for entertainment for years, so I can only assume that some new act has been brought in which applies specifically to filming it or something. I am still none the wiser, but thanks for shedding some light on it.

6. jenzi

jenzi Member

I had tickets to go and see a recording of Dead Ringers on Sunday at the BBC Studios and I got a letter this morning saying it's been cancelled because they can't admit members of the public into the studios! Gutted!

7. Jamie

Jamie Member

I wondered why Paul O'Grady was telling his audience to stop singing along with his organ because he didn't have a license! Not quite sure how them not singing but still being present is getting around it, but thats what appeared to be happening! How very odd... how on earth does something like this escape the attention of the BBC?!or if they were given dodgy advice on whether or not they needed it, how can the person who told them that not know?!

8. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

TV Licence

I agree with you Jamie, BBC should have people in place who are in the know if any new law as been passed regarding Entertainment [live music]with the public present. In Paul O'Grady situation I do not think the audience are allowed to: sing,clap,dance,whistle,hum or to take part in any shape or form if live music is played, it must be something to do with "Performing Rights". As anyone any ideas on the subject because as far as I know there's been nothing in the papers or telly.

Again I say "I WONDER WHO WILL KNOCK ON THEIR DOOR"?