TV Crews at Yorkshire Regionals

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by winterman, Feb 28, 2005.

1. winterman

winterman Member

Well well this just came in on my news feeds.. Don't know if I'm behind on the news here or what but..
    (Huddersfield Examiner)

Hade Edge are currently being stalked by a load of weird Yorkshiremen with TV Cameras and they are going to be filming at the Yorkshire Championship Section Regionals as part of a 5 episode TV series all about them.

Best be on our best behaviour on Sunday then guys and gals.

Good luck to Hade Edge with this one, hope you get a stonking result in front of the cameras on Sunday.

Hope to see some of you on Saturday (playing/drinking) or Sunday (listening/drinking).
  2. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Is it BBC or another broadcaster?

If BBC, those of us lucky enough to have Sky will be able to access the regional programmes and watch it when it comes on.

3. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

fantastic, anyone from the band that could give us a bit more information? :)
  4. yorkyboy

yorkyboy Member

Hi everyone. Im in Hade Edge.

The TV companywho are producing it are selling it to Yorkshire TV. I am not sure if it is intended to go out nationally or whether or not it is just going to be a local programme.

The film crews have been to a number of practices now to film the progression of the test piece from not being able to play it at all to not being able to play it at all! (only joking!). They have also been to work with a few players and just followed the background to the band.

They are filming on Sunday and I understand that the Yorkshire Area Committee are very supportive of it as they believe i can only raise the profile of banding.

Any more questions anyone hs just fire them at me!
  5. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

sounds exciting! would be good as soon as you know any details about broadcasting channels and times.
  6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

It's nice to see more positive press about banding (I only wish itwould air in London too!!)
  7. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Keep us posted on here please and if it goes out to all BBC regions it will be good for brassbanders at long last:clap: :clap:
  8. brass journo

brass journo Member

all of the bands in the top section were sent a letter asking if they agreed to being filmed.
    Congrats Hade Edge on getting some positive press/tv coverage for bands - let's hope Sunday goes to plan for you - and the rest of us!!!

9. NeilW

NeilW Member

I believe it is possible to get ITV1 from regions outside your own too with a Sky box.

Sky set your "default" (CH103), but you can add the others as "Additional Channels".

Procedure is here:

So.... please let us living outside Yorkshire when its being shown - as it won't appear on our programme listings either.

[Edit] I actually did it to our Sky box last night and it does work (the 3rd frequency doesn't work if you forget to change its polarisation from H to V, as the instructions point out!!). However, the additional ITV regions don't appear on the programme guide, and what's more, you can't record them to the Sky+ disk :mad: Hopefully they'll show it on a night I'm a) in and b) have some time! Probably be the only chance I get to hear Rienzi as I'm not playing in that section this year

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  10. Heather

Heather Member

Good Luck Hade Edge....give them something good to film instead of the trash they seem to love to put out.
  11. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Sounds like a great idea. Maybe if theyd thought about it outside yorkshire they could have had region specific ones that could be broadcast in each regional area of ITV land so that the programme could have been specific to each region. Say follow Fodens in northwest or Welwyn Garden in london
    Good luck to ya post when its on and ill get me mum to tape it and send it across....
  12. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

It's a surreal experience I'll give you that! I've done a few howlers when the cameras have been on me and then you suddenly get the feeling that it'll be on TV!

Fortunately they didn't get me last night in 'lip-absolutely-knackered' mode!
  13. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Just think of how much money you'll make from 'You've Been Framed'. I can hear Harry Hill now - "Top C? D'oooh!".

(prone to the odd c**k-up himself)
  14. Kirkby had their local new channel record them at one of their area contest about 2 or 3 years b 4 i joined them! They played for them then won the contest !
    Kirkby Band
  15. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Yeah, and the TV crew was a massive distraction as they were setting up as we were playing. Even the door stewards were letting them into the hall though in the middle of our performance of Tintagel. Not Kirkby's fault I know, but a bit ofcommon sense should have prevailed through the TV crew.
    I hope that this lot are conciencious to the other competing bands.
  16. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

OOOOOOOOOOOO..... look forward to hearing more about the series :D
  17. wally

wally Member

Hope I Get On Telly Now I've Sorted Out This Fab New Hat!!
  18. yorkyboy

yorkyboy Member

I hope they are conciencious to all bands including hade edge. they have had a number of meetings with the yorkshire committee so I am sure they will have set down the guidelines clearly for them.
  19. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Anyone know when the TV series made about Hade Edge gets aired?
  20. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

First episode is October the 6th at 7:30pm I believe, funnily enough I have to be setting off for band around that time. ;)