TV Appearances

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by andyh, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

So, who has had their band appear on TV?

Recently, Woodbridge Excelsior recorded a segment for a children's TV programme and
    it was a bit of an eye-opening experience. We were expecting calls of "Action!" and endless
    takes but in the end everything seemed to be acheived in one go.

What have other bands done and do you feel your efforts have advanced the profile of
    Brass Bands nowadays?

Andy

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    TV
    andit
    experience
    TV programme
  3. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

4. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Five rivers brass (now Backworth) have done a few tv appearances. I remember doing one when we recorded for the beginning of 'Cashing in'. I was briefly on the news when I played with Greggs band as the Queen opened the Millenium bridge in Gateshead.

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

We played live to an estimated audience of 8 million on the Wednesday night National Lottery show on BBC one in 1999 - when it was actually attracting viewers! That was a bit of a nerve-wracking experience to say the least! The bufet and free beer afterwards made up for it though! ;)

Of course, there's the National Eisteddfod of Wales that's broadcast live on S4C every year. And to be fair, we get a lot of opportunities here in Wales to appear on various light entertainment shows on S4C.

6. winterman

winterman Member

Drighlington have done 2 episodes of Emmerdale.. I also did Touch of Frost with Leeds Central Salvation Army many years ago.

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.