Turning stupid

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Something has started to worry me of late, I'm finding that I forget things that I should, for example today I was halfway through a conversation and know what I wanted to say but for some reason the words just weren't coming to me...I think I could be turning daft in my old age :eek:

This is one unimpressed geordie!

Anyone do stuff like this
  2. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

What do mean you think your turning stupid? You always have been *hides* No your not really...
    I put stuff down then forget where i put it when its only like a minute since i put it down... But i think thats just cos i dont pay attention to what im doing... Cos i can remember what page of a book im on.... :-?
  3. Jamie

Jamie Member

I'm always walking into rooms, going, 'why am I here?!' and leaving again in the hope it'll come to me! People suggest going back to where you were when you realised you needed to move to remind you why you did... trouble is, I cant remember where that was either!

Somebody told me once that this was due to minor versions of a similar sort of electrical activity in the brain that you experience in mild epilepsy... I dunno if they were lying to me?!?!
    I can look at the clock too, and not have a clue what the time is all of ten seconds after..!
  4. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

yea i put my wallet down in me room in liverpool. then loked the door and left for huddersfield. only realising id left it when i got to the other end of the M62. I was so sure id put it in me pocket that i cancelled all me bank cards.
    Only to return two weeks later and open the door to find it sat there on me desk.
  5. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Yea all the time....

On one occasion I learnt the Tuba...
  6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Well, if that's the case then you shouldn't be worried! :lol: ;-)

I forget stuff all the time..... my short memory is awful.
  7. cornetshell

cornetshell Member

its because you arn't concentrating enough at the job in hand :p

your too busy thinking...
    "....when can i have my next pint?...",
    "...whats for dinner?...",
    ".....coorrrrr, She's Fit...."

[delete as appropriate]

hee hee, dont worry about it- Everyone does it- Just try not to think about it- and it will pop back into your head if it really was worth doing/that important.