Tunes and Toasts: help!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by listerbo, Apr 9, 2014.

1. listerbo

listerbo Member

I am planning to buy single booklets of Tunes and Toasts for a group of 8-10 musicians but am first trying to find out if it works like New Christmas Praise. i.e.can I get away with just buying first and second cornet, alto Eb, second horn Eb, baritone Bb and Bass (and percussion). I would be grateful for any help, thanks.

2. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

I don't know if Tunes and Toasts fits the SATB formula, but a more recent publication called Anthems and Occasions certainly does. It contains 50 pieces, although it's a bit of an idiosyncratic mixture - for example, I'm not sure how often anyone in the UK might need to play the Danish national anthem, and there are one or two obvious omissions, such as For He's a Jolly Good Fellow, but all the pieces can be played by a minimum of four players, exactly the same formula as Christmas Praise.

3. listerbo

listerbo Member

Thanks I have read about this before and was very interested but I need a marching format, not A4. Is it available in this format?

4. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

The parts for A & O are presented as march card-size books i.e. the same as the Christmas Praise books, although not ringbound i.e. just like the red hymn books. The full score is, I think, A4 format.

5. listerbo

listerbo Member

Great - OK.- I will give this a thoughts. Thanks a lot