Tuner for cornet playing.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by shezza, Dec 20, 2011.

1. shezza

shezza New Member

Hi all, I have recentley started to learn the cornet, I would like to purchase a tuner that would help me to achieve correct intonation. Is there a tuner on the market that when a note is played the note is shown up on a on a staff......Pete.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pete
    Tuner
    note
    cornet playing
    staff
  3. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

honestly? my best advice would be don't get one at this stage - much better to learn to use the tuners you have built into the sides of your head than rely on anything else.
    You say you play guitar, so I'm guessing you already have pretty good ears - trust them!

Apologies if this seems patronishing, but I get the impression from a lot of your posts that you're doing this on your own, without a teacher? I think you'd benefit hugely from a few lessons with a brass teacher, or from going along to a training/"junior" band if there are any near you - they can guide and support you with technique, tuning/intonation etc, and it can be a lot of fun playing in a group.
    (and if I got it completely wrong and you're already doing that, sorry!)

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

The only thing I can think of that shows the note you play on a stave, is a computer programme called Smart Music. You have to pay a small fee to join.

5. CornetJem

CornetJem Member

I'm not sure if they would be exactly what you are looking for but perhaps it's worth taking a look? Firstly there are many tuners on the iphone and android app market (some of them are even free!) and some music shops sell what they call "all instrument tuners", which are supposed to be pretty good. They can be purchased for a small price, and once bought the only thing that needs to be replaced are its batteries :)