Tullis Russell Mills Band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by James McFadyen, Sep 9, 2003.

1. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

Trombones, Horn, Bb Bass & Percussion!!!!!

Edit: For current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

Tullis Russell Mills is currently in need of

Tenor Trombones
    Tenor Horn
    Percussion
    Bb Bass

Contact me at jamesmcfadyen2001@hotmail.com and i'll pass on your details at the next rehersal.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2009
  2. James McFadyen

Tullis Russell Mills Band is located in the Tullis Russell Papermakers Mill in Markinch, Glenrothes in Fife.

3. James McFadyen

Join the best band, ever, in Markinch..........

We @ Tullis Russell Mills Band need your help to fill these seats!!!!!!!!!!!

Principle Cornet
    Solo Cornet
    Tenor Trombone
    2nd Cornet
    3rd Cornet
    Percussion

pm me to find out more. We are a Scottish band in Markinch, Fife who are now in 3rd Section (despite winnng the 2nd section at Troon!) but plan to go back into 2nd Section next year, we need your help to do this!!

You can visit the Band's website at www.tullisrussellmillsband.org

4. Dave1

Dave1 Member

Tullis Russel Mills Band - Glenrothes

It looks as though we have filled the spot for principal cornet - whew !
    Bass section looking good now, but still could really do with a tenor trombone for the Scottish area on Vizcaya.
    Anyone out these who can help. Contact us through www.tullisrussellmillsband.org

Many thanks
    Dave Neil Conductor

5. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Tullis Russel or Tullis Russell???? :wink:

6. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

TRMB ;)

7. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

URGENT: *** Principal Cornet Player Required ***

Tullis Russell Mills Band urgently need to sign a principal cornet player to play at the regionals in Motherwell in March. The cut off date for signing / transfer is at the end of next week so, if you're out there and interested please get in touch either by calling 07740 337621 or emailing trmb@hotmail.com

8. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Moderator Staff Member

Not wishing to be rude, but what happened to the one you signed last week?

:?

9. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Lol!! :D :D

10. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Thanks for your support Laura.

11. Dave1

Dave1 Member

What can I say - such is brass bands at this time of year. The one we had last week is doing us a favour but if we can find a permanent one he would be much happier. So, the hunt goes on.
    Glad someone's looking at this though - shame your not available.??

12. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Laura's a baritone player Dave so not much use at the present time given that we're fully stocked in that department. If she ever tires of the English Championship section then... :D

13. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I wasn't laughing at the fact you had no top man Dave, just at Roger's post. If I could play the cornet I'd be more than happy to help if I was available, having once been a Tullis Russell player myself. I played back row on rememberance day and will be remembered for the wrong reasons I'm afraid!!! Good luck, hope you find your player Dave!!

14. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

My apologies :( Stress, etc, and other excuses ;)

By the way, what were the wrong reasons that you'll be remembered for? Or do I have to ask around...

15. nw

nw New Member

Reply to Principal Cornet Urgently Required

I was the Principal Cornet Player that Tullis Russell were to sign last week, unfortunatly the return to tullis was cut short by my sons increasing health problems.
    There has been so much rumours flying around Fife that i hope this will stop tongues wagging and let my wife and i concentrate on our son.
    I had many happy years previously with Tullis and hopefully in time i will return to the brass banding world.
    I wish Tullis Russell all the best and hope they secure a player for the coming scottish championships.

Neil Wallace

16. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

I hope your son gets better :wink: and that Tullis get their cornet player!, :wink:

there's only 2 things come before band and thats family and work......... and even that takes second place sometimes!!

best wishes

17. nw

nw New Member

Thankyou satchmo shaz

18. James McFadyen

Here, here Shaz!! :wink: :wink: :lol:

It is a pitty u can't play for Tullis now, u are a fab principle cornet player, as was Alec!

:lol:

19. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Yep,
    I agree with that!! and a right good laugh as well. Your wife's a hoot an all. Hope you're all ok x

20. asteria

asteria Member

Laura made a quality attempt at 3rd cornet and parped away like a trouper when we helped out a struggling local band. Made me laugh cos all i could hear from the cornet section was Laura 'um-chucking'! Even funnier was getting to the end and an old guy on front row saying 'oh, i was playing the wrong march!'!!
    Sorry, off topic, good luck to your band finding a principal!