Tubas are dangerous!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Pythagoras, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Am off school at the moment, due to a broken collar bone, and one of my mates had to cover a lesson for me today, and some pupils came up to him in the lesson and said, 'we've heard Mr Robinson's tuba fell on him, that's why he's off!'

Seriously considering working round this when I get back. Picture the scene, walking down Chesterfield High Street playing Slaidburn or Death or Glory, and trip over your bass landing on top of it, breaking your collar bone and not doing the tuba a lot of good either, but luckily it was insured. Much better than the real tripped over my desk at home and bumped into the bookshelf.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Robinson
    Tubas
    Chesterfield High Street
    home
    broken collar bone
  3. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

whoopsidaisies :rolleyes:

4. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Ouch that must have smarted somewhat? You must have delicate bones or one humongous great book shelf! There will be some government busybody (sorry I meant Health and Safety) warning us on storing excessive amounts of reading material in our homes now...

Hope you feel better soon though. X

5. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Am entirely intrigued as to how you managed to fall over a desk.... :confused:

Are u freakishly tall or is your desk of the japanese coffee table style?:lol:

Sounds painful regardless but the mental picture of someone falling over a desk is drawing a blank......;)

6. Rodney

Rodney Member

Poor tuba :)

rofl But I hope that you're playing bass again very soon :)

Hooroo

7. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Well if you'd ever met Daniel the answer to both your questions would become immediately apparent - I believe there is a video of him dancing on Youtube which may be of assistance - I'll see if I can find it for you.

8. a very flat b

a very flat b Member

I just hope you did your risk assessment first.:D

9. i was once on the march and our euphonium player tripped and fell on to his instrument.................. it was an old sovereign euphonium and to be honest he was in a much worse state than the instrument!! i dont envy bass and euph players on the march................ thats why i play horn!!

10. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

Haha unlucky there, hope your collar bone gets better soon :)