Tuba Vacancy in Chicago

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Steve Marcus, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Steve Marcus

Steve Marcus Member

One of the top brass bands in the North American Brass Band Association, the Chicago Brass Band performs in the Chicago area and the midwest, as well as in national and international contests. CBB won the NABBA Championship in 2004, and came in a very close second in 2005. In the summer of 2005, CBB performed for approximately 30,000 people at the Great American Brass Band Festival in Danville, KY, and in the World Brass Band Contest (Championship Section) in Kerkrade, Netherlands.

There is a vacancy in CBB for Eb Bass. We usually rehearse on Thursday evenings, and somewhat more frequently as the annual NABBA Competition approaches (March 31-April 2).

If any of your colleagues, students, associates, or you(!) are interested, please contact Mary Paziouros, Personnel Manager, at mip85@hotmail.com, or me.

Thank you very much,

Steve Marcus
    Co-Founder, Tuba Section Leader, and BBb Bass
    Chicago Brass Band
    www.chicagobrassband.org

semarcus1@yahoo.com

Last edited: Dec 15, 2005
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Steve

Great to see you posting this on theMouthPiece.com - thanks for so doing. I wish you all the very best of luck in your search for a Bass player. Please pass my best regards to all at Chicago Brass Band.

3. Steve

Steve Active Member

Are travelling expenses available from London?? I will cover the train fares from my house to Heathrow if that helps.

Seriously though, great to see some American adds on here too. Happy recruiting

4. prudhoebass

prudhoebass New Member

Tempting.....................very tempting.....................but a HELL of a long way from Northumberland.
    Don't tell my wife, though. She might send me.

Good luck with your search.

Ron Macdonald

p.s. Nothing to do with burgers.

5. jenzi

jenzi Member

Oh man! You're a couple of years too early!! I'm planning to move to Indiana once I have finished my degree at home, which is Birmingham. My Mum lives in the States, I am here on my hols at the moment. Good luck in finding someone!

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

The very best of luck Steve with this vacancy, I hope you manage to find a suitable player... it is just a shame your band doesn't see fit to have even a simple link to tMP on its links pages, despite using the site freely to advertise... :( ahhh well...

7. Steve Marcus

Steve Marcus Member

Roger,

I will advise our webmaster about linking to tMP straight away.

Steve

8. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I think you mean "John" ;)

But anyway, thanks!
    and good luck finding a bass player...

9. Steve Marcus

Steve Marcus Member

The vacancy has been filled. Thank you.

10. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Well Done.

Now if only we could fill vacancies this quick over in England!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Chicago
    Mary Paziouros
    @yahoo.com
    Chicago Brass Band
    Tuba Vacancy