Tuba Players here's one for you

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by youngblood, Jul 13, 2008.

1. youngblood

youngblood Member

Top US Jazz tuba player Joe Murphy is at the Gala Theatre in Durham this Thursday.

Joe is perhaps the busiest tuba player in the USA maybe the world, with three bands of his own and recording sessions with top bands on almost a daily bases. Highly sought after with a great talent, catch him if you can. It will be a great night.

As with Canadian Brass this Tuesday this a one off event as BRASS has brought him here to do this one event and then he is back to the USA.

OK it may not be brass band music but quality tuba, is quality tuba!

2. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

This Guy is well worth the listening. I iwould be there if it was Australia, But Durham is a bit far
  3. youngblood

youngblood Member

You sure are right he is worth seeing, in fact there has been a lot in Durham worth seeing, for example tonight we had a great concert by Canadian Brass.

Interesting that there was a strong Black Dyke contingency there to see them play along with a number of other notable brass players and all had a great time.

You don't get a chance to see performers this good every day. Sorry that you will miss Joe Murphy but I will ask if they can save you a seat in case you change your mind and decide to come along after all!

Joe will be supported by his band the Load Horns and I can't wait yet another great night of quality brass playing. Seeing Hypnotic Brass tomorrow before that though!

Maybe next year if you are over here!
  4. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

I have been using a couple of Mouthpieces Made and supplied by Joe
    The Loud LM 15 for solo work and LM 7 for Band work. They are both terrific.