Tuba player back in the ring

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by grumbleweed, Dec 11, 2008.

1. grumbleweed

grumbleweed New Member

Hi all-
    After many years of doing sod all music wise- it is time to get back.
    I am an Eb tuba player- previously at Purcell School and now finding the time to get back into playing. Experience mainly orchestral but have a fair bit of experience with brass group playing. Have even been known to dig the old trombone out on occasion!

I am a prison officer, and am now findong the urge to start playing again. Havent had much spare time these last few years!

My aim is to get into Brass band playing and have put an expression of interest into Egham Band as they are short of an Eb. Ideal.

So hopefully, my sister is bringing up my old Besson so i can blow the spiders out of it and start to annoy the neighbours (might have to invest in the old silent brass thing?!?).

I live in the Sunbury (m3) area so if anyone needs a tuba player- let me know.

Chris

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tuba
    Hi
    Eb
    Besson
    Egham Band
  3. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

tra la la la la!!
    Welcome to tmp, hope you get back into playing and enjoy the brass band scene. We are a helpful bunch here!! And nice to see you play a proper instrument!!

PS ditch the trombone!!

4. grumbleweed

grumbleweed New Member

Ha ha- Cant believe i left it this long really.

The trombone is prob going on ebay as it too has been gathering dust!

any takers- 190? Hawkes silver bone in original case?

5. chill

chill Member

Hi Chris,

Sandhurst Silver band are looking for players. We are 1st section really friendly and sociable band. http://sandhurstband.co.uk Just off the M3 at Camberley

We have some Bass players who would be very happy to move to another part should the right player come along.

Let me know if you interested or contact us via the contact details on our website

6. grumbleweed

grumbleweed New Member

Definately up for that.

Not far either which is handy.

7. chill

chill Member

Cool - sent you a private message
    Cheers