Tuba player all the way from Australia looking for sheet music

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Allan, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Allan

Allan New Member

This site come highly recomended to me as a very helpful resource.

I play a Besson Soverign EEb tuba in the Parramatta City Brass Band. I need some help in sourcing sheet music for Eb tuba. Two CD's in my collection are "The Tuba has Landed" and "Travelling by Tuba". There are really great pieces and I would liek to get the sheet music for it but I have been unsiccessful in tracking them down via the internet. The main Publisher is Studio Music. I gig Google it but was not successful in located the sheet music. I am always trying to locate a suppier of music that has been written for the tuna and not just arranged. Any suggestions.

2. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Are you looking in the right plaice for this, it all sounds very fishy to me.

Welcome to tMP - now stand back and see what else you can catch with this thread.
  3. Allan

Allan New Member

Hi TunbaFran. both of the CDs were produced by Polyphonic and I woudl really liket o get the sheet musich of some of the pieces. Are you familiar with the recoredings? The Tuba has Landed ahs a reealy great Tuba variations of Ryule Britannis (Hartman arr. Cranham and Death). IF you ahve any EEb tunas solos to suggest for competition please let me know.
  4. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

Hi Allan,

If you email Studio Music I am sure they will be able to help you info@studio-music.co.uk

5. Allan

Allan New Member

Hi there Darrol, thank you for very mucjh for the email address I will certainly get in contact with them.

Darrol by any chance have you compose any music for Tuba?

All the best,
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  6. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Darrol certainly has composed music for tuba.

The CD Sunburst contains a recording of his Tuba Concerto superbly played by Les Neish.

Although we can't offer for sale the music contained on the CDs that you mention in your post, we do offer the following tuba solos with brass band accompaniment;

Get Down (Graham Lloyd); Get Down has a dream-like opening followed by up-tempo passages that demand dexterity from the soloist and real excitement in the accompaniment.
    Badinage (Kevin Norbury); A playful and jestful solo for Eb Tuba commissioned for the award winning CD recording 'Blazing Brass' featuring Patrick Sheridan with the New York Staff Band.
    Celestial Morn (Leslie Condon); Leslie Condon was, almost single-handedly, responsible for elevating the Eb bass to its position as a solo instrument within The Salvation Army. Desirous of fully utilising the range and timbre of the instrument, Leslie wrote this demanding yet fulfilling solo for himself to play.
    Standing on the Promises (Erik Silfverberg); A jazzy solo based on the well-known American gospel song 'I'm standing on the promises of God'. Tuba soloists are normally 'allowed' to play seated but, keeping the title in mind, they may wish to play standing on this occasion!
  7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Another solo worth looking at is Alan Fernie's version of "Tuba Muckl", published by Obrasso. This fun number is given an appealing rendition by Gavin Saynor on BAYV's "Stars in Brass" cd:
  8. Allan

Allan New Member

Thank you World of Brass

World of Brass thank you so much for your assistance. I have been on your site and looked at the pieces you sugested. I was not able to see if the sheet music was also arranged for Tuba and Piano. I did dtry to search your site but found it a difficult site to search through. The two piece of interest are Get Down and Standing on the Promises.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2007
  9. Allan

Allan New Member

Thanks to Peter for tuba music

Thanks Peter for your response. I have been online an ordered the CD. Being a tuba player it is always exciting to be made aware of new tuba pieces.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2007
  10. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Get Down is available with piano accompaniment. Just click on this, Get Down and you'll be taken straight there.

Piano accompaniment for Celestial Morn is available in our Eb Instrument Solos Album which also includes Ray Bowes' underused Rhapsody for Tuba.

Sorry to hear that you found our site difficult to search through. Let us know if we can give any further assistance.
  11. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Badinerie Bach arr Thomas Wyss ( piano or trombone quartet accomp)
    check out steve sykes website ( www.perfectpitch.org.uk ) loads of brilliant arrangements for tuba / piano / band
    Una Furtiva Lagrima , Czardas etc.....well worth a look and buying some of steve's arrangements.
  12. Allan

Allan New Member

Thank you Nick for your suggestions I willbe checking it out today. tpm is a realy good site prooviding excellent feedback from its members.
  13. Allan

Allan New Member

G'day Peter, thank you for your suggestion I was able to track down the CD and order it.
  14. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Somewhat off-topic, but a search function for the sheet music section would make life a lot easier than having to plough through a section listed alphabetically by composers' first names.