Tuba Lessons

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Tubby, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Tubby

Tubby Member

Well I've been having a few issues with my playing which I'm just not happy with. After a few suggestions from friends I booked some time with Les Neish. I met up with him last night and we had a good couple of hours together.

Whilst it's early days he has helped boost my confidence already. I just wanted to let people know on tMP that he is an awesome player, great and patient teacher and most of all a lovely bloke.

2. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Yep couldn't agree more, Burbage Band booked a master class with fodens last year and I had some serious embourchure problems with my playing, and Les helped to sort the issue out. We've been having another round of sectional masterclasses in recently and we are having another Tuba masterclass with Les in the next few weeks.:tup
  3. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

Les is a complete gentleman. Played on his first solo CD with Fuoco Brass and also have arranged a couple of numbers for him. Also conducted him when he played as a guest soloist with Kirkintilloch Band last year and on every occasion I have worked with him he has been charming, polite, professional and most of all, very, very good at what he does!
  4. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Les is an absolute star, and an inspiration to all! What an awesome sound and technique! Check out his website www.tuba-artist.com :clap: (Also on the Fodens website - www.fodensband.co.uk ) :D