Tuba for sale on Ebay, Genuine or Dodgy?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by tubatu, May 31, 2008.

1. tubatu

tubatu Member

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Dodgy
    price
    bit
    work
    Ebay
  3. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

I think its probably is genuine. Never used it but as far as I am aware escrow is safe way of transfering funds. You lodge the money with escrow and do not release the funds from the escrow account until you have the goods and are happy with them. If not you send the goods back and only get your money back when the seller receives the goods undamaged. Nobody gets the money until both sides are happy.

The only thing that sounds a bit dodgy is that he says he will not send the goods until the money is in his bank account - but that is contrary to how escrow should work.

If you're interested contact him and offer to pay cash and collect in person. If he doesn't want to do that then it is dodgy.

4. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Original Pictures, 100% rating all bode well. eBay tells you for good reason not to pay by bank transfer. Zero accountability. Independent research shows that PayPal increases sales WAY past their fees.

I would ask if he would take PayPal if really interested. If he says no, not with a 10 foot pole.

Jim

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

At least there is an audit trail to his bank account. Because there is no reserve price and free shipping fees I would want to ask the seller the reasons for these conditions.