Trying to find 'Blues March' by Premru.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by toppy the tenor, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Ladies and gents

Can anyone tell me how to get hold of a copy of 'Blues March' by Ray Premru? I've looked up my usual music suppliers and none of them have it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Toppy

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Blues
    Ray Premru
    music suppliers
    hold
    anyone
  3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

"Blues March" was recorded on the Fodens/BBS "Year of the Dragon" CD. It's a great piece this, and I would love to get hold of a copy for Wigston but I think it's only a manuscript arragement and has never been published officially so I'm afraid you might struggle to get it. That is unless anyone knows any different...

4. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

You should be able to get hold of the 10 piece original from Just Music or anyone which stocks the PJBE stuff ( Chester Music ) , the full band version which is on the "Year of the Dragon CD " BBS 1992 Should be available from the same stockists , failing that try someone from Fodens they might be able to help.

5. Bones

Bones Member

Hi,

The piece Blues March is the last movement of a suite Ray Premru wrote for the Phillip Jones Brass Ensemble. The Suite is called Divertimento and in its entirety has 9 movements, all of which can be played in any specific ordeer. the last movement is called Blues March.

It was recorded by BBS in 92, but I don't know if it was a transcription or they played the 10 piece parts.

I have a set of the 10 piece parts, i'll check but I'm pretty sure it was published by Studio Music.

Spooky, I bought a copule of PJBE CD's at the weekend and I have been listening to this for the last few days.

6. Imperial

Imperial Member

I have "Five pieces from divertimento" by Premru, for ten piece brass.
    It's included in the Just brass series (chester music).

The last piece in that album is "Blues march"