Try-out for Dutch Nationals with "Revival Band"

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Jan H, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

On December 2nd and 3th, the Dutch National Brass Band Championships (or "NBK" in Dutch) will be held for the 25th time. To celebrate this jubilee, a special concert will be organised on Saturday November 19th, in "De Lantearne" in Surhuisterveen, the location of the first NBK a quarter century ago.This concert will feature 9 NBK particpants, who will use this concert as a try-out for their contest pieces. Soli Brass Leeuwarden will bring the championship section test piece "Earthquake", a newly commissioned piece by Dutch composer Jan De Haan. 25 years ago, Soli Brass became the first Dutch National champion, conducted by the very same Jan De Haan.

The concert will be concluded by a band, especially formed for the occassion: the "NBK Revival Band". This band will consist of several of the top Dutch brass band players from the 1980's. Some of the musicians that have agreed to come are Wiebe Buis, Gerben Huizinga, Bert de Jager, Keimpe Reitsma, Wim Wiarda, Jan de Lange (cornet), Jan Anjema, Marten Postma (tenor horn), Jan Zoodsma (euphonium), Gerben Brunia, Teake Brunia, Bauke Burghgraef (trombone), Dirk Annema, Kerst Buis, Jaap van der Ploeg (bass), Sjoerd Sijens, Meindert de Koning, Sierk Bosgraaf (slagwerk), who used to play with bands like De Wâldsang, Soli Deo Gloria and the Aegon Band. The direction will be in the hands of Jan de Haan himself. The band will play a 30 minutes program including parts from Eric Ball's Festival Music and Rhapsody in Brass by Dean Goffin.

Other participating bands: De Sjofaar (Frieschepalen); UDI (Oosternijkerk); Blaast de Bazuin (Oude/Nieuwebildtdijk); Apollo (Grou); Blaast de Bazuin (Surhuisterveen); Constantijn Huijgens (Appingedam); De Bazuin (Ureterp); De Lofklank (Ureterp); Soli Brass (Leeuwarden).
    Date: Saturday 19 November 2005.
    Start 19:00
    Place: De Lantearne in Surhuisterveen.
    More info: Website NBK
  2. bubble2500

bubble2500 New Member

I am asked to play 2nd cornet in the Revival Band myself, which is a great honour to me.

It is really fantastic to see all those 'old' faces again from the past!
    We have had our first rehearsel and I can tell: this players still can cick some a...
  3. Jan H

haha, it seems that 4BarsRest has copied this news item and put it on their site (or somebody else copied it from here and sent it to them), but they have put it as "details about the Dutch Nationals", which is of course a mistake. It's about a try-out concert, two weeks before the Nationals... ;)

the real information about the Dutch Nationals can of course be found here:
  4. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

interesting!! doesnt that breach copyright, as stated in the statement below
  5. Jan H

I don't know where they got the text from. Maybe they got it from someone else, maybe even one of the Dutch organisers?

I know that at least one time before, the person who sent a (Dutch language) news item to me, used my English translation and sent it to 4BarsRest as well. but at least he was decent enough to mention my name as the translator :)