Troubles at Fairey?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by euphoria, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. euphoria

euphoria Member

For some time now, 4barsrest and others have referred to rumours going on about troubles at Fairey.
    The article in 4barsrest on the europeans suggests that the rumours are almost common knogledge...

Can anyone please enlighten an overseas Fairey fan as to the nature and cause of the alleged troubles?

Cheers to all
    Erik

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Fairey
    nature
    barsrest
    europeans
    rumours
  3. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Be patient It's funny cos I know a little bit We've been talking about it at a band job today! But..... Ttyping it on here seems different, Wonder why that is?

4. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

May I suggest that before anyone comments on the 'speculation' surrounding Fairey FP Band, we wait for any official announcements from the Band themselves.

Thanking you for your co-operation.

:wink:

5. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

yes, a rumor spoken to a friend is one thing, but once it's down on here it's quite another (and more or less permanent)

I would liike to say that i hope any trouble (if there is any) is resolved, and wish faireys the best of luck for the future.

6. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

that's because you never know who's reading this! it could be philip sparke, nick childs or elgar howarth, or it could be tony blair!

7. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

I've heard about "problems" ... but because that is, indeed, all I have heard, then I won't speculate further ... suffice to say if there is trouble I hope the band sorts itself out soon enough, because it would be a shame to see such a great band dragged down for any reason at all.

8. euphoria

euphoria Member

Rumours vs facts

To Roger Thorne

I wasn't looking for speculations but only facts. I reckoned that someone (closer to the british brass band scene than myself) knew what everybody is talking about.

On a more general note to Thorney. If we are to limit ourselves to whatever statements bands will make - what kind of truths are we getting then?

To Dave Euph. I truly share your sentiments. Whatever problems there may be, I hope they are quickly overcome.

Cheers
    Erik

9. Re: Rumours vs facts

Yes and to ask for facts from people who aren't in any way officially involved with the Fairey band is downright stupid. I'm a fan of the band too and it seems bloody naive to think that starting a topic like this won't cause a high degree of speculation - it's what forums run on...

Let people sort out their own band's problems...It's none of our business to know right now and when the time comes to resolve a few public issues I'm sure Fairey will see that no one is left out of the loop.

10. Roger Thorne

Re: Rumours vs facts

Personally, I am more likely to believe the 'official' line published from a band than any of the speculation heard in bandrooms, pubs, contests bars, and like Ben says, on public forums. If there is a public announcement by a band which isn't the 'whole' truth, I'm sure we will be the first to hear about it either through tMP or the letters page on 4BarsRest.

But as I've already mentioned, out of courtesy, let's just wait for the 'official' (if any) announcement from the band concerned.

11. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Y would Tony Nlair be reading a post on tmp. He must have better things to do.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Fairey
    nature
    barsrest
    europeans
    rumours
  13. nettyfh

nettyfh New Member

In order to satisfy the high level of interest that currently exists regarding the personnel of Fairey's, it has been necessary to release an official statement. The band management team are acutely aware that because of the status of the band we have a certain responsibility to our supporters and the banding movement to be informative about our activities, but in turn we also have a responsibility to our players, past and present, and our sponsor. It would therefore be inappropriate to issue any statement regarding individual players who have now left the band.

As I'm sure people who play in contesting bands are aware, the hours immediately after a performance are not the time to discuss any issues that may be relevant, and that the time and place to do this is at the bandroom. In this respect Fairey are no different to any other band and over the next few rehearsals the necessary discussions will take place. With this in mind, as and when I have appropriate news I will communicate this, and would ask that all respect the need for internal discussion before we issue new player information. In addition, a number of our new players need to speak to there own bands before we announce their signings.

All bands have a natural turnover of staff, and I would like to draw attention to instances over the last few years when groups of players have left other top bands. As with these bands, such a great band like Faireys will continue to contest and entertain at the very highest level. On behalf of the band I would like to thank everyone for the immense amount of support and kind words we have received over the past few days, and reassure all our supporters that Fairey's are here to stay. As previously mentioned I look forward to communicating new player news as soon as I am able to responsibly do so.

Gillian Hammond
    Fairey FP Music Band

14. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

hopefully, but i think you get the point

15. hoppiebari

hoppiebari Member

trouble at faireys

one thing for sure, when a band of this quality has vacancies it will eventually fill them & this will then have a knock on effect with other bands as the player merry go round begins.
    They used to say in these parts that when Dyke caught a cold the rest of the bands in the area sneezed! - best get the beechams out just in case!

16. impycornet

impycornet Member

True,

But it's not usually 6 or 7 at a time though ??
    :shock:

17. Roger Thorne

OK folks, tMP and a representative from the Fairey FP Band have asked for people not to speculate about any 'rumours' regarding the imminent announcement, so we will now lock this thread until an official statement is made.

Thank you

Roger
    (Admin & Mod)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.