"Troublemaker" by Mike Davis

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Thirteen Ball, May 12, 2005.

1. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Hi all!

I bought a ten-piece version of this that's really effective a while ago, and have always liked it a lot, but not had the opportunity to play it much. Recently, having cro-barred it into eight parts for a friend's final year university octet, I heard it played and remembered how much I like it again!

Does anyone know if a full band version exists? I suppose you could get away with the 10 piece at a push, but there's a no baritone or Sop and only four cornet parts, all equally important!

Any help greatly appreciated, including where I could purchase a copy!

AC

2. dyl

dyl Active Member

Wow - what a blast from the past! That is - if it's the same one! We used to play an arrangement for full band in my youth band days! Just Music's webiste has it listed for £18.95

3. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

We have the full version, didn't know a 10 piece existed!! So I shopuld be easily able to scale mine back??

4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Troublemaker was/is published by Hallamshire Music (Derek Ashmore) and he did the orginal arrangements for Jim Shepherd's Versatile Brass - most of the Hallamashire Music was/is available in full band and 10 piece.

Used to be based in Sheffield but moved to Lincolnshire some time ago.

5. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Well, it's cornet 1,2,3 and 4, tenor horn, tenor and bass trom, euphonium Eb and BBb bass so quite possibly.

Thanks for the info all. Your responses have been very valuable!

AC