Trombones for Sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Bones, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Bones

Bones Member

Hi,

Selling a couple of instruments.

Greenhoe Conn 88HT tenor trombone with gooseneck for straight conversion with the Greenhoe valve. Approx, 15 months old. Hardly used. Selling as not doing much playing as I used to and really cant justify keeping this. Note this is an original Greenhoe not the Conn with the Greenhoe valve

Blessing Bb/F/D Bass Trombone, independant triggers. This is an absolute copy of the Bach 50B3, bought it cos I fancied turning myself into the next Frosty, well that didnt work.

Call me on 07787 112198 for more details or email richwalker@virgin.net

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Greenhoe
    Greenhoe Conn 88HT
    Conn
    Bass Trombone
    D
  3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Everybody's selling interesting trombones at the moment. Damnit, why don't I have the spare money to buy them all up!

Quick query in the interests of pedantry - I thought Gary Greenhoe bought stock 88H variants, disassembled them, fitted his valve, then reassembled them more carefully than the factory originally did. What's the difference between a "Greenhoe Conn" that is "original Greenhoe" and "the Conn with the Greenhoe valve"? I'd have taken "original Greenhoe" to mean Greenhoe's own brand of trombone [is the tenor out yet?].

4. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

If only I had the mo-honey........
    :cry:

5. Bones

Bones Member

Good point, the Greenhoe for sale is made of conn components and assembled BY Gary with his Valve. Conn also market a Conn greenhoe, where they build the trombone with a Greenhoe valve. Therefore you get the inherent quality issues with Conn. You are exactly right in that Gary is now building from scratch his own. For me I like Conns but I dont like the quality, so this was a good compromise.

Sorry if I was misleading.

6. MoominDave

I thought that Conn themselves didn't assemble any of the Greenhoe valve instruments - that they were all put together at/by Greenhoe at his factory to avoid the manufacturing issues you mention?

Maybe I'm out of date.

7. Bones

Bones Member

not to my knowledge. else the prices would be very similar and they are not. PLus Gary has a lot more intricate ferrules on the bows and things like that.

8. MoominDave

Just had a bit of a www search around...

Found this quote, from Matthew Walker, one of the workers at Greenhoe, at http://tromboneforum.org/index.php/topic,33900.msg464549.html#msg464549

So it seems to me that they're both assembled at Greenhoe, but the one you're selling has value added over the catalogue version in a better slide and in the intricacy. Does that sound right to you?

I must admit that I hadn't realised that there were two versions.

9. Bones

Bones Member

That sounds bang on Dave, I did go for the custom one. I knew there was some differences. Thanks for clearing it up. It is a cracking trombone, but the style of playing I do it really is too much and I am resigning myself to the fact I do just as good a job on a bog standard 88H, which is what I use all the time, so I would rather stick to that and let the better players have the the use of the Greenhoe.

So does anyone want to buy it, I would rather enter in a dialogue on the price on PM, so please dont ask me on here.

Thanks for the interest

Rich