Trombones for Sale - Mega Clearout

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Bakaman, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

12 trombones is too much for most people, my wife says that it is definitely too much for me, so some have to go. They are all good bones, pictures available on request.

Here we go
    Conn 88h close wrap, rose bell large bore Bb/F. New in Jan 2009. As new bar one faint mute ding and slight lacquer wear on the collar line. Very little use. Conn 5 mouthpiece. Perfect case. £1199

Yamaha YSL695 Jazz Trombone, 0.5" bore, small bell, as new, Very little use. Very good case. Fantastic sound and high range for you serious jazzers at half price. I mean, as new. £550

Courtois Symphonie Prestige 410 with Edwards. 0.547" bore, 8.5" bell, Straight Rose. Custom. Slide is from a new Edwards, adapted by Sharon McCallum. The combination of the Courtois Bell and outslide with the Edwards inner and lead pipe makes this a fantastic player. It blew the socks off my pro mate who couldn't believe its presence, but with super low range and pedals, and an unbelievable solid high range. This custom trombone is a fantastic player. Supplied in good gig bag. £390.

Yamaha YBL321 Bass Trombone, lacquer worn, heavily on slide. Cosmetically not great, heavy lacquer wear on slide, but bell in not bad condition. Case a bit scruffy. But plays well with nice trigger. Slide just serviced by Sharon McCallum. £185

Besson Sovereign 930 large bore straight. Rose bell, large bore. 0.547" bore, 8.5" bell straight. Nice sound, lovely high range, cosmetically quite good. Slide recently serviced by previous seller and receipt included in case. Good case but broken handle. £165

B&S Sonora medium bore King 3B workalike. 0.508" bore, 8" bell, straight. This is dimensionally the same as a King 3B classic, not quite as responsive but a useable second trombone, perhaps as a reserve for vulnerable situations like carolling or busking. Cosmetically very good, slide good. with mouthpiece and very good case. £95

Yamaha YSL354 sliver plated straight. 0.5" bore, 8" bell, straight. Cosmetically good, slide fairly good but probably could do with a service. Case has a crack but works pretty well. Sounds nice and bright - similar to a supersonic? Good in a big band situation. £65

Reynolds Student Trombone. Classic 0.5" bore, 8"bell straight. Good case. A good player for only £45, better than the chinese imports £45.

I am a perfectionist who looks after his stuff, I don't think anyone will be disappointed with any of these bones. Good luck.

2. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

Photos Available and Corrections

Photos available at:

http://www.wuala.com/bonebaker/Photos/Trombones for Sale

Corrections:
    Bass trombone is a YBL322, not a 321 as I listed originally.

Reynolds USA Medalist trombone is a 7.5" bell, small bore, nice condition, but some small spots on stockings. May be a sought-after jazzer?

3. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

So you are keeping 4? Mine moans about my 1 Euphonium taking housesapce.

4. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

Keeping 4?

As my wife plays the piano, I assert that as long as the total volume of all my trombones is less than that of her piano, then she shouldn't complain (just dont mention the mutes, music, stands......)

5. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

Status Update

Sovereign is now sold, others avalable at present

6. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

Update

Sovereign tenor sold
    Yamaha 354 sold
    Strong interest in the 321 Bass at £185 but not finally secured.

7. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Anything left ?

8. Jnr.

Jnr. New Member

I'm interested in the bass

9. Spanky Rear

Spanky Rear Member

Roll up....ROll up...ROll UP!!!
    I can vouch that the Conn large bore and the Courtois are top value. If I didn't have Four instruments already I'd be in there like a shot.
    Spanky

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  10. Jnr.

Jnr. New Member

Sorry didn't realise the bass was a single trigger

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    YSL695 Jazz Trombone
    Sale - Mega Clearout 12
    YBL321 Bass Trombone
    Yamaha
    Straight Rose
  12. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

These are still available

12 trombones is too much for most people, my wife says that it is definitely too much for me, so some have to go. They are all good bones, pictures available on request.

Here we go
    Conn 88h close wrap, rose bell large bore Bb/F. New in Jan 2009. As new bar one faintest mute ding and slight lacquer wear on the collar line. Very, very little use. Helped me to my G8 distinction after owning it for 11 months. Unplayed for last 6-8 months. Conn 5 mouthpiece, original lube set. Perfect case. £1100 reduced, and worth every penny.

Courtois Symphonie Prestige 410 with Edwards. 0.547" bore, 8.5" bell, Straight Rose. Custom. Slide is from a new Edwards, adapted by Sharon McCallum. The combination of the Courtois Bell and outslide with the Edwards inner and lead pipe makes this a fantastic player. It blew the socks off my pro mate who couldn't believe its presence, but with super low range and pedals, and an unbelievable solid high range. This custom trombone is a fantastic player. Supplied in protective gig bag. £350.

Yamaha YSL448G Large bore Bb/F, fabulous condition, hardly used, no dents whatsover, 1 very superficial scratch on laquer near bell flair, but so fine that it only looks like a hair. Apart from that and minor hold point wear this is superb and is and plays pretty much as close to new as you can get. Case in exc condition. With stand. £350.

B&S Sonora 3B look alike. 8" bell straight, 0.509" bore. Slide just had £50 service from Sheila McCallum. Good case. Very good condition. £65.

Reynolds Student Trombone. Classic 0.5" bore, 8"bell straight. Good case. A good player for only £45, better than the chinese imports £45.

Conn Director. Fair cosmetic condition, but well used and a bit abused (not by me). Bought misdescribed - there you go. The reality is that there is a minor pin dent near top of upper leg so goes a bit 'tighter' when stocking reaches it, slide sounds a bit scratchy in use. A couple of dents on the bell where the slide was loose in the case and contacted the flare. A bit of wear on the stockings. Nothing disastrous or too much. It plays quite well as a jazz small bore. Worth a bit of work. £50.

I am a perfectionist who looks after his stuff, I don't think anyone will be disappointed with any of these bones. Good luck.

13. axleman

axleman New Member

Hi Bakeman, has the 88h been sold, my band are very much interested and would you let it go for £1000.

Cheers

14. DeedleBone

DeedleBone New Member

Is the 88h still available and where abouts are you?

15. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

Yes, still available 2 offers of £1000 declined.

I am near Sutton, Surrey - (15 miles SW of central London).

Thanks,
    Brian.

16. BoomtownRath

BoomtownRath New Member

Brian,

sent you a PM about the Courtois a couple of days back!

Neil.