Trombonefest - Saturday 6th November Ongar

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Will the Sec, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, so I thought I'd give it a plug.

ESSEX TROMBONEFEST – Saturday 6th November 2004 – Chipping Ongar Primary School – CM5 9LA - 2.30 – 4.30 - MAP (click)

Hi all,

Just a week to tell every trombone player in the south east of England (and beyond) that the Essex Trombonefest is the most utterly brilliant experience for trombone players.

It may well be unique in that it brings together trombone players from every walk of trombone playing life and is completely free!

It doesn’t matter what age ability or background we have easy parts for beginner and some real stinkers for the pro’s!!! J

Phil Parker will be there with a trade stand. You can let me know or call him direct (0207 486 8206) if you need them to bring something particular for you

Philip Biggs will also be covering the event with his new brass players Magazine ‘Brass Herrald’

Local press are coming to take pics!!

Local TV (Look East) to be approached!!!!!

HUGE Thanks to everyone for their support and particularly to all of you for passing on the word.

Kind regards to you all

Matt & Jeremy Lewis

I'll be there - owning my own trombone makes me a trombone player...

2. Will the Sec

Any other tMPers going tomorrow?
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I would have liked to have got along, but as I'm involved with a community opera for the next two weekends I couldn't really be out for another Saturday - as it happens, I've had to work this morning anyway :-(

Hope it is a good day, and gets a good turnout ;)
  4. Will the Sec

Well, just got back from the Trombonefest.

There 57 bone players, plus a talented kit player, a dozen supporters, Phillip Biigs from the Brass Herald, a trade stand manned by Adrian from Parker's.

We were entertained by a wonderful trombone quartet who's background escapes me (one of the music colleges, anyway) with a Jarvis Cocker look alike amongst their number. I can never recall hearing so sweet a sound from a Bass Trombone, nor such smooth repeated lip slurs (except maybe from JM of ELB...)

Brilliant stuff. My trombone got it's maiden outing, and sounded nice - I've bought a stand, Slide stuff and a spray bottle, at a nicely discounted rate. (Thanks, Adrian...)

We played some top tunes - and I was very relieved to find they were mostly in flats when I volunteered to give up a berth on a rather over subscribed treble clef stand...

Very many thanks to all concerned - everybody gave their time gratis, but the Lewis family are the ringleaders, of this annula event and should take a bow.

Next year's event will be on 5th November... put it in your diaries now!