Trombone solo required

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by hicks, Mar 1, 2009.

1. hicks

hicks Member

2. Aurora771

Aurora771 Member

Annie Laurie and Misty are lovely on the trombone. Although I've only heard them with band accompaniment I'm sure you could get a piano accompaniment version. Or you could go with good old favourite The Acrobat.. cannae beat it! ;)
  3. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

Thought you said not to high!!!......remember Tommy Dorsey played his theme in concert D for a Brass band player you would start on Dsharp 3rd line and then works up to the octave above....
  4. hicks

hicks Member

yeah, I'd need to work on that one. But I have a recording of Alessi playing, and it sounds so beautiful on trombone.
  5. ratpit

ratpit Member

trombone stuff

Rhapsody for trombone
    James Curnow
  6. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

Liebeslied by Kriesler. Play from the original violin copy- goes up to a c but is nice to play. Lindberg recorded it on one of his early CDs. There's a transposed/arranged version around but I'd avoid that - its in the wrong key and sounds it.
  7. Active Member

Tom Bowling has been arranged for trombone solo (brass band or piano accompaniment) By Kenneth Downie.

This wonderful song is invariably featured in the last night of the BBC Promenade Concert series as it is included in Henry Wood's Fantasia on British Sea Songs. It is played as a cello solo and always provides one of the most sensitive, melancholic moments of the evening. It the trombone soloist rises to the challenge, there will not be a dry eye in the concert hall!

Goes to Bbs and Cs above the stave (brass band notation).
  8. Queenie

Queenie Member

it depends what style you're wanting?
  9. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

How high is too high?
  10. hicks

hicks Member

Local music festival. I'm entering in the grade 7+ class, so the piece should ideally be of that difficulty level.
    Was thinking 1st mvmt of Rimsky-Korsakov concerto.
    What is too high? Would't want to go above top C really.
    Maybe something jazzy like Misty would go down well. Can anyone recommend a good arrangement of that?
  11. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Concert C, mate?
  12. hicks

hicks Member

Concert Bb (brass band C) is more within my comfort zone.
  13. TubaGeek

TubaGeek Member

Beautiful piece of music, definitely go for it!
  14. knuxie35

knuxie35 Member