Trombone Solo - Morceau Symphonique

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by 1st Position, May 7, 2007.

1. 1st Position

1st Position Member

I'm thinking of buying a copy of the Morceau Symphonique to perform with my Band, however, I find that there are at least three arrangements of this piece. One that has been around for years by Dave Fretwell, another arrangement by Maurice Bale, and a third arrangement (probably much more recent judging by the cost -over £50:00, wheras the other two are below £20:00) by an unknown arranger. I just wondered if any other trombonists have played any of these arrangements, and what they thought?
  2. NeilW

NeilW Member

Don't limit yourself to just trombonists!

I played it for my Grade VIII (bass clef) euphonium - but only with piano....

3. David Mann

David Mann Member

I'd recommend the Ray Steadman-Allen arrangement published in mid-70s by SP&S. I suppose you could get this from worldofbrass.
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I've just listened to Christian Lindberg/Orchestra vs. Nick Hudson/brass band arr. by RSA played by Britannia (Fodens) and second David Mann's recommendation.
  5. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I'll third it! Hope it all goes well, especially the top C# :eek:
  6. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

Me too... I did that with my with my band some years ago... Fine arrangement.. :)
  7. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Thanks for that, I'll have a look at the World of Brass.
  8. David Mann

David Mann Member

Forgot to mention you'll need to ask for "Concert Piece for Trombone"
  9. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Thanks for that David - had problems sleeping, so managed to order it in the early hours this morning. Should be here soon.
  10. Active Member

11. Active Member

Posted today.
  12. dalizzie

dalizzie New Member

Didn't realise my arrangement was still out there!
  13. Active Member

It has been re-originated into our modern Judd Street Collection format.