Trombone Quartet Music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Hells Bones, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Hi All,
    I was wondering if you could tell me some publishers sites for trombone quartet music, I have recently started a quartet and we are looking for some good music

Thanks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hi All
    Trombone Quartet Music Hi
    good music Thanks
    publishers sites
  3. Bones

Bones Member

Have you tried Warwick music

4. Hells Bones

Yes, I have, thank you, It has some good music on, I'm looking specifically for slower pieces that are not overly difficult as the quartet consists of 3 grade 8+ players and a grade 6 standard player

5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

In which case, how about Beethoven's Three Equali for Four Trombones?

6. Hells Bones

thats for a bass, two tenors and an alto isnt it? I'l have to brush up on my alto playing then, thank you for that, il have a look, do you know of a publisher?

Thanks

7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Try here:

http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/017535/details.html

I only post this link because it was the first one that came up on the search. I believe it is was originally for two altos, tenor and bass. Whether alternative parts are available for altos/tenors, I know not.

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There are several listed on www.justmusicuk.com (click on "brass", then "index", then "quartets") including several arrangements by Alan Fernie.

You could also try www.juneemerson.co.uk , (click on "Music for Brass" then select "trombone quartets" from the drop-down menu) . There are over 300 listed, with the advantage that many of them are graded according to difficulty.