Trombone Quartet Music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Hells Bones, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Hi All,
    I was wondering if you could tell me some publishers sites for trombone quartet music, I have recently started a quartet and we are looking for some good music

2. Bones

Bones Member

Have you tried Warwick music
  3. Hells Bones

Yes, I have, thank you, It has some good music on, I'm looking specifically for slower pieces that are not overly difficult as the quartet consists of 3 grade 8+ players and a grade 6 standard player
  4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

In which case, how about Beethoven's Three Equali for Four Trombones?
  5. Hells Bones

thats for a bass, two tenors and an alto isnt it? I'l have to brush up on my alto playing then, thank you for that, il have a look, do you know of a publisher?

6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Try here:

I only post this link because it was the first one that came up on the search. I believe it is was originally for two altos, tenor and bass. Whether alternative parts are available for altos/tenors, I know not.
  7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There are several listed on (click on "brass", then "index", then "quartets") including several arrangements by Alan Fernie.

You could also try , (click on "Music for Brass" then select "trombone quartets" from the drop-down menu) . There are over 300 listed, with the advantage that many of them are graded according to difficulty.