Tromba cornets

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ORIF, Jul 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ORIF

ORIF New Member

Has anyone tried Tromba cornets? I see that the trumpets have good review (especially at that price point).

I've ordered it online; but after paying via paypal, i haven't heard from them since (no response to msg/emails).
    How long does it usually that for them to deliver?
    Is there any way for me to contact them?

2. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd say the trumpets have great reviews - a real mixed-bag, from what I've seen.

I've played a couple (of plastic trumpets) and been thoroughly unimpressed - mediocre valve action, sound is lacking and performance above the staff is absolutely terrible.... I hope the cornets are better for you, I guess it depends what you're after from it.

Sure, if you want something lightweight that a child can learn to play (easier for them to hold, hurts them less if they drop it on themselves) it might be worth it, but in general I'd steer towards a brass instrument instead (secondhand for price) before one of these.

The customer service issue sounds worrying - I'd consider sending them another message saying you'll cancel the payment (you should be able to do that on paypal) if they refuse to respond to you, and follow through if they don't.

3. Giles H

Giles H New Member

Cheap novelty cornet
    very easy to use lightweight easy to pitch but well sharp on higher octave- valves are metal lined so variable fun +6 best for junior or novelty events like the marathon I did in Stirling with mine

4. KenIrvin

KenIrvin Member

I recently bought some from Korg off eBay at a discount price for our junior band learners to try out on rather than expensive Besson. Quality was good, tone perfectly acceptable and easy to tune.
    Customer service excellent, next day delivery via UPS.